Font Size Choices

daniel

Is there a way to make a drop down menu of font size choices for a field?

Yes. It is a called a Format Field. Take a look at the "+ Add a Format Field" at the bottom of the Form Display Tab when your in "Configure Template" on the back end.

It's fairly, self-explanatory. Post back if you have any difficulties.

P.S. Forum Weirdness. You asked a similar question before. Looks like around May 20, 2015. I posted an answer, including how to remove colors. You replied:

"THANKs for the thorough answer, I was about to ask how to remove colors next."

It seems that the thread was deleted. (By who??? I can't seem to find it anymore???) The last trace of it can be found
: (forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=4198&goto=newpost). Maybe the forum administrator can provide more info. I have an email record of it. Very strange.
Edited by David Miller

P.S. Forum Weirdness. You asked a similar question before. Looks like around May 20, 2015. I posted an answer, including how to remove colors. You replied:

It seems that the thread was deleted. (By who??? I can't seem to find it anymore???) The last trace of it can be found
: (forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=4198&goto=newpost). Maybe the forum administrator can provide more info. I have an email record of it. Very strange.

That thread was mistakenly deleted as a duplicate of this one. They have the same title, but the responses are different. I've restored the thread so that both are visible.

Pro tip: If you post to the wrong sub-forum, you can move your thread instead of posting again.

Thanks, I was looking for something more along the lines of a drop down menu showing numbers or small, medium, large options. Is that possible?

I'd just add a note to the Font Size Format Field. The Font Size Format Field isn't a Text Drop-Down.

If you want a Text Drop-Down you will need to use a Rule. Maybe something like this:

var p = Field("FontSize");

return '<z newsize=\"' + p + '\">' + Field("YourFieldName");

The Field FontSize would need to be numbers.

Edited by David Miller

daniel,

You need to create a text field to the data source that will be used to control the font size (this will be setup as the drop down [DD] in MarcomCentral). Next you need to create a rule to return the font size tag, which applies the field choice in the field above - it is critical that the "Treat return strings as tagged text" box is checked. Now depending on the DD having the numeric values or the small, medium , large values, you have a couple options (see below):

Option A - uses size values as numbers:

return '<z new size="'+Field("Font Size")+'">'+Field("Headline");

Option B - uses size vales as S, M L:

var newSize = "";

if (Field("Font Size") == "Small")

newSize = "14";

if (Field("Font Size") == "Medium")

newSize = "20";

if (Field("Font Size") == "Large")

newSize = "24";

return '<z new size="'+newSize+'">'+Field("Headline");

Hope this helps