Check Boxes

dreigel411

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Apparently nobody has looked into this yet, but I would like to know if there is an answer. I have a customer who needs to be able to include a limited number of products from a list of many.

Check boxes would be the way to go. A text drop-down menu (library) could possibly work if multiple selection would be possible. Can it be done?

Hello Lester,

While we don't allow for check-boxes in FusionPro Web Store pages, one option to essentially achieve this same type of user control would be to use multiple drop-downs.

Basically, you would have each item the user is to select from as an individual drop-down. Possible values can, say the word "Include" with a default for all boxes being "Do not Include". Based on what items they select "Include" on then, you would typeset those as appropriate in the FP VDP template.

Hope this makes sense. Let us know if you would like additional detail.

While we don't allow for check-boxes in FusionPro Web Store pages, one option to essentially achieve this same type of user control would be to use multiple drop-downs.

Basically, you would have each item the user is to select from as an individual drop-down. Possible values can, say the word "Include" with a default for all boxes being "Do not Include". Based on what items they select "Include" on then, you would typeset those as appropriate in the FP VDP template.

Thanks Mark,

I hadn't thought to use dropdown menus like checkboxes. Setting up rules in FusionPro for each dropdown to return the choice if selected seems to work... still, checkboxes would look nicer :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this answer. This brings up another question: how do I separate the selections with a comma?

I get this far on choices for what days of the week a store is open:

I create rules called "DaysOpenRule" for each field then insert the rule in the text field where I want the days of the week to appear. There are 6 places on the form the user can do this. Example:

(Field: DaysOpen1) Mon, Tues, Wed

(Field: Hours1) 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

(Field: Lunch1) [blank]

(Field: DaysOpen2) Thurs, Fri

(Field: Hours2) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

(Field: Lunch2) closed for lunch 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

(Field: DaysOpen3) Saturday

(Field: Hours3) 8:00 am - Noon

(Field: Lunch3) [blank]

(Field: DaysOpen4) Sunday

(Field: Hours4) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm

(Field: Lunch4) [blank]

(Field: DaysOpen5) [blank]

(Field: Hours5) [blank]

(Field: Lunch5) [blank]

(Field: DaysOpen6) [blank]

(Field: Hours6) [blank]

(Field: Lunch6) [blank]

My DaysOpenRule looks like this so far (this is wimpy, I know):

Rule DaysOpen1:

if (Field("Monday")="include")

return "Mon";

How do I include the rest of the days? is there an "also" that would be opposite to an "else"? (geez I am so green at this)

How do I get commas if more than one day is chosen? But no comma if only one day is chosen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Lester,

Hope this makes sense. Let us know if you would like additional detail.

• 2 years later...

Archived