Graphic Resource Sizing

mcantrell

I am using Fusion Pro Desktop 6.0p1f. I have graphic resources that are PDF files. They are exactly 11"x4". The graphic frame is also exactly 11"x4", but the graphics are displaying smaller within the frame. I have tried multiple combinations of fitting and cutting and to see if that changes it and it doesn't. If I create tif file from the pdf it displays at the right size, but I am not happy with the quality so I prefer to use the PDF. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

I place PDFs as graphics on a regular basis. If you are not planning on using any kind of scaling there's no need to make your graphic box the size of the PDF. Simply place the box with its X and Y values where you want the top left corner of the graphic, and set the W and H to any value (I usally make them 1 X 1). Set the verticle align to top. Set the horizontal align to left. Choose the first scaling selection (none) and unclick the crop (scissors) button.

This will place the entire PDF without scaling or cropping.

Even when I set everything to the specs outlined above it does not display at the right size. I have several different graphics that were created from the same source file. 1 displays at the correct size and the rest are much smaller. I went back to the source file and literally duplicated the one that works and just changed the text for each of the others and exported new PDFs. When I open the individual PDFs they all look correct, but they do not display correctly in the template. It doesn't make any sense to me. I must be missing something.

I discovered that the problem was actually that the template was linking to the resources of a different template. The resources had the same name, but were in a different location (and were smaller). I went in and relinked to the correct one but it was automatically changing back to the other path. So...a different problem altogether but one I was able to solve by renaming the correct resources and relinking. Thanks for everyone's help!

Archived