Proportionately reducing the content of a graphics frame?

Hi

This is my first post on the forum and FusionPro is new software to me so hopefully I am not transgressing any rules.

I have a problem....

Basically what I am trying to do is, via a rule, enter a graphic into a frame based on the contents of a field...so far so good, I can achieve that - however - the graphic is a barcode tif that has to proportionately fit the frame that I have created and, try as I might, I can't get it working.

Why not just create the barcode in a text box using FusionPro's excellent barcoding facility I hear you ask! Unfortunately the barcodes are supplied as tif files by the client and, apart from linking them to a field in a database I have no control over them. They do not seem to follow the same creation rules as normal I25 barcodes (which they read as) becuse there is no check digit applied. Anyway, I digress...

I can get the frame to accept the barcode using the CreateResource code but cannot see how I can place it into the frame proportionately?

Can anyone help please?

Dave,

I would think that you would want "Best Fit" in this situation.

highlight the graphic frame box, go to the graphic frame dialog box, to the left of the scissors icon there are several choices to tell the graphic how to behave like Dan suggested.

Dan/rpaterick

Thanks for the speedy replies

I have tried evey single combination of the dialog boxes to the left of the scissors and none of them seem to achieve what I'm after - maybe because the tif is too large - it works in Quark 7 (with Yours Truly Desiger) - fit to box 'proportional' - but then I have to wait a zillion years for pdf's to be created!!

I'm wondering whether it would be acceptable for me to provide an example of the pdf I'm using, a sample of the tif and the code?

I'm not at work until Tuesday so, if it's ok I'll upload those very small files then?

Enjoy your weekend

Dan/rpaterick

maybe because the tif is too large - it works in Quark 7 (with Yours Truly Desiger) - fit to box 'proportional' - but then I have to wait a zillion years for pdf's to be created!!

Are your .tifs that you are using all the same size in terms of width and height? If each .tif file is different size, not the barcode but the overall document(white space included).

Are your .tifs that you are using all the same size in terms of width and height? If each .tif file is different size, not the barcode but the overall document(white space included).

All of the tifs are the same size (width and height) - in Quark when the tif is proportionately reduced in a 'white' frame the white space is enough for the scanner to read the barcode.

In order to get FP to work I am having to convert the barcodes to pdf's then, using Quite imposing 'n' up them to the right size (a painful procedure) and then everythings fine - unfortunately sometimes there ar over 1000 barcodes to insert!!

Any help would be appreciated

Any help would be appreciated

I'm still wondering about the data you said doesn't have a "check-digit."

Can you give a sample of what a barcode looks like and the data column that is lacking the check digit? Also, did they supply a barcode font for the job? How are they creating/generating the .tiff files?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi rpaterick

Sorry for the delay in replying - I haven't been too well.

After pleading with the client I persuaded them to just send me the barcode in a text field and, using the FP rules now have my problem sorted out beautifully

Thank you - and Dan for all of your valuable input

Regards

Dave:)

Archived