Pop-up Cards & Customer Proof

WestPress

Okay, I have a pop-up card that folds down to 5.5 x 3.75. My artwork is all laid out on a 12 x 18 press sheet that must then be die-cut. So I have two pages containing both sides of the card, including the versioned text for the inside of the card.

I have created a separate file for the 5.5 x 3.75 inside page that is versioned for the user to see as a proof. I have imported that page into my press-ready artwork PDF as the first page.

What I want to do is somehow use a SetBodyPageUsage rule to return to the user (during the "Proof/View PDF" stage) the single 5.5 x 3.75 page, but when we receive the print-ready files, the PDF that we receive is the two 12x18 pages. I have not done anything like this with respect to the Web2Print side of Fusion Pro.

Is there a way to do this? Perhaps there is something other than the SetBodyPageUsage rule that I need to use instead?

Here are some examples...the first will be the proof that the user sees. The other two are the print-ready art files that we will print and die-cut.

http://www.westpress.com/printable/0010/misc/StPatricksDay_popupcardVersioned.jpg

Customer sees this as their proof

http://www.westpress.com/printable/0010/misc/StPatricksDay_popupcard.jpg

We receive this to print.

• 2 months later...

The only way I can see doing this is if you have the ability to disable the "View PDF" option for this store. It's a universal change so you cannot disable it for one specific item. You either disable it for the entire store or not at all. If you can do this, you can create a three page file. Page 1 will consist of what the users see as their proof. Pages 2 and 3 will be the actual print files. This way, when the proof appears on screen, all the users see is that first page. They aren't able to open the file as a PDF so the users will not see the other two pages. Then when you receive the output file simply discard Page 1 of the PDF before printing.

Other than that, I can't see another way to accomplish what you want to do.

Archived