1-color black changing to 4-color

rpaterick

VDX and .PDF confirmed.

Text box assigned in FP, basic address block.

No RGB color space used.

Checked it out in the "edit text" box as well, set to "black."

any ideas?:confused:

Have you checked the pre-ripped PDF to check to see if it IS Black? (Seperation preview in Acrobat?)... Color Profile attached and honored could also cause this without device link at press..

Can you post original PDF?

Mark

I had it printed on the press and viewed the channels in Acrobat's Output preview for the "black" only channel.

Both came out 4-color from the 1 color setting in FP. .VDX file and .PDF file.

Adobe output preview color sample from the address block.

C-69

M-67

Y-64

K-74

Now, I haven't tried to delete the address block and create a new one from scratch. Just curious as to why this would happen and if anyone else experienced this?

I had it printed on the press and viewed the channels in Acrobat's Output preview for the "black" only channel.

Both came out 4-color from the 1 color setting in FP. .VDX file and .PDF file.

Adobe output preview color sample from the address block.

C-69

M-67

Y-64

K-74

Now, I haven't tried to delete the address block and create a new one from scratch. Just curious as to why this would happen and if anyone else experienced this?

I think you really need to look at color profile settings for the PDF.. If a profile is attached and honored at the press, you will see this unless you have a device link at the press to inhibit the black generation. I routinely convert to profile during PDF generation and then do not include it when sending to the press. I think if you adopt this approach, you will get better results. The C69 M67 Y64 K64 mix is indicative of what you would get honoring a SWOP profile if memory serves me correctly..

Remember, if exporting from InDesign, it's the LAST PDF preset you used that is in effect when exporting from the FP pallette.. I always output a "fake" PDF first using the profile I want and then export the Fusion Pro PDF..

See what you can decipher in your setup..

Mark

See what you can decipher in your setup..

Mark

Actually, this is a "repeat" campaign that we use every month. This isn't the first time we have had "color" issues with FP docs. using the FP text box and colors for repeat campaigns.

I'm not saying it's an FP issue but I would like to know how color changes, especially on repeat campaigns?

The document also is using two different FP text boxes.

Both boxes are using the same black text color.

After composing, the .PDF is opened and previewed in Acrobat. The Output Preview mode is set to default, SWOP. Uncheck the black channel, one of the text boxes disappears.

Thanks for the feedback!

Also, what is the minimum "SERVER" & "DESKTOP" System Requirements(hard drive, RAM, speed, etc..) that people are finding necessary to run FP properly, huge campaigns. PC machine.

Check the Color settings in FP Desktop. From the menu in Acrobat: FusionPro > Advanced > Colors; then select the color, click Edit, and make sure the "Spot Color" box is checked.

Interesting... That worked.

How did it become un-checked?:confused:

Thanks for your help Dan!

Archived