Load All Fonts Not Loading All Fonts

kfisne

There's nothing anyone on this forum can do without the fonts, and you can't post the fonts here because they're proprietary. (Although I suspect you're already violating the license on the Segoe UI font by copying it from a Windows machine onto a Mac, but that's between you and Microsoft.)

You could post the fonts.ini and fonts.err files here, or at least look through them and see if there are any references to the font in question. But your best bet is to contact Support.

These are the steps I take on a daily basis to get a font to "load" in fusion (even when it was previously working less than a week ago with no changes to what fonts I have loaded, and no restarts of the OS).

Quit Adobe Acrobat

Quit fusion

Reopen fusion

Deactivate and reactivate the font 5 times

Quit fusion

Reopen fusion

Open Adobe Acrobat

Deactivate and reactive the font once

In fusion perform load new fonts

Quit fusion

Quit Adobe Acrobat

Then, reopen your fusion PDF.

The font should now be loaded. If not, repeat...

Edited by ScottHillock

• 5 months later...
If you're using Suite Case you might try going into the prefs-> type core and stop the type core. This will shut suitcase down. I have found all my fonts problems have gone away when I use Font Book only to enable fonts that I need. FYI: Fonts and FusionPro were a constant struggle before this....sucks cause I really like SuitCase to view and manage fonts.

If you're using Suite Case you might try going into the prefs-> type core and stop the type core. This will shut suitcase down. I have found all my fonts problems have gone away when I use Font Book only to enable fonts that I need. FYI: Fonts and FusionPro were a constant struggle before this....sucks cause I really like SuitCase to view and manage fonts.

Ah, Thanks. I'm using FontExplorer X Pro. Have to try using Font Book with FusionPro.

This has always been our recommendation, to use the Font Book app built into OS X instead of third-party font utilities with FusionPro. The interaction between OS X, Acrobat, FusionPro, and the PDF Library that FusionPro uses (and all the various versions thereof that we support) is complicated enough in terms of dealing with fonts without getting yet another app and font management paradigm involved. It's almost impossible to test and verify FusionPro's performance with all of a multitude of third-party font utilities out there, some of which do not properly register their changes with the operating system in a way that FusionPro can recognize, and some of which even produce fonts that are not properly formed.