Keeping Acrobat Document Properties at compose

Hello everyone,

I'm composing a PDF that will create 1 pdf for every records and the Initial View properties, at the document properties, needs to be as it set at the output. So, if I set the "inital view" in "document propeties" Navigation Tab at : Page Only, the page Layout : Single Page and the magnification : 100% and save the PDF, at the opening of the PDF I get my settings great. If I compose the PDF with the good settings, at the output, the setting are change to default (value that my customer doesn't want). Is there a way to keep those settings at composition or should it be done by batch processing with Acrobat (this option will take ages considering that I will have 100,000+ pdf at the end) ?

Thanks

You can get these propertier either in Preference or Document Properties. For sure you can't change a user's preference but you can change the Document Properties. If you open a PDF, go to file and then properties (CTRL + D under windows) and go to the initial view tab.

Sorry missed the each record would be its own PDF part. If there isn't a way to get this done in Fusion Pro, I realize this is the best cast scenario!!! You could always create an action in Acrobat in the Set Open Options. It could run overnight anyhow. I'm interested to see if anyone knows how or if it can be done in Fusion Pro.

FYI, just tested the Action route. It took about 30 seconds to resave 500 pdf's with the settings I used. The PDF's were not large in size, but this may be a workaround for you if FP can't do it.

Edited by dreimer

No, there is no way to set the Initial View properties of a PDF file output from FusionPro, nor are these settings carried over from the template PDF (which, to the FusionPro composition, is really just a PDF graphic resource). I suppose this is one of the ways in which our workflow is still a bit focused on printed output.

That said, it should be possible to post-process the PDF files as a batch after the FusionPro composition to set the Initial View properties. In Acrobat X and XI, you can use the "Action Wizard" Tool with the "Set Open Options" action to accomplish this.