New trouble with V-Card QR Code output

mddarfus

I had a rule written (based off one from this user forum) that would create a V-Card style graphic QR code.

It worked great under FP 7.2. It previewed and composed correctly. I've since upgraded to FP 8.0.20, and now, the QR codes don't show up, not in the preview, and not in the final composition.

My only guess is that the "MakeQRBarcodeGraphic" is placing the resulting graphic in a spot that the layout can't seem to find when bulding the output PDF file?

When composing, I get an error message in the log file that says:

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: /var/folders/99/99dsJpTa2RWUzE+8ZPcYwU+++TI/-Tmp-/FusionPro0UH0v4.

Check for file existence and that it is of the proper format.

Is this a glitch... should I uninstall and reinstall FP, or this there some other course of action I could take?

Thanks!

Here's my Rule:

var info = {

N: Field("Last Name") + ';' + Field("First Name") + ';;',

FN: Rule("RULE: Full Name"),

ORG: Field("Organization"),

TITLE: Field("Title"),

"EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=WORK": Field("Email"),

"TEL;type=CELL": Field("Cell Phone"),

"TEL;type=WORK": Field("Phone"),

"TEL;type=FAX": Field("Fax"),

"ADR;type=WORK": ";;" + Field("Address1") + ';' + Field("Address2") + ';' + Field("City") + ';' + Field("State") + ';' + Field("ZIP"),

"URL;type=WORK": Field("website"),

}

var result = ["BEGIN:VCARD", "VERSION:2.1"];

for (var label in info)

{

if (info[label])

result.push(label + ":" + info[label]);

}

result.push("END:VCARD");

return MakeQRBarcodeGraphic(result.join(Chr(13) + Chr(10)));

Thank you. That's great to know, but unfortunately my Digital Storefront provider doesn't support 8.1 or 8.2 for variable products, so I'm stuck at 8.0.20 until they do.

Since I can't have two versions of FP running on my one machine, is there any other solution I might try?

Thank you. That's great to know, but unfortunately my Digital Storefront provider doesn't support 8.1 or 8.2 for variable products, so I'm stuck at 8.0.20 until they do.

Since I can't have two versions of FP running on my one machine, is there any other solution I might try?

Call MakeQRBarcode in a text rule instead of MakeQRBarcodeGraphic.

At any rate, even though the graphic barcode doesn't work correctly when you compose on your Mac in 8.0, it will work when you compose the job through the DSF, since that uses the Windows-only FusionPro VDP Producer API, and the bug is Mac-specific.

Edited by Dan Korn

Yes, you are correct, the web product did compose correctly, so my customer is able to use that, but occasionally I have to compose a larger batch locally, so on that front, I'm stuck.

I had tried using the text version of the rule in the past, but I need the scaling functionality of the graphic-based QR code that the test-based just doesn't afford me.

Thank you for you input, I really appreciate it. Sometimes it's good to know that I'm on the right track, even if the outcome is not what I hoped for.