Can I suppress a frame based on output filename?

Kim

Is it possible to suppress a frame based on what you choose to name an output file?

I know I can have a frame preview but not output if I use an OnRecordStart rule of:

FindGraphicFrame("DieLine").suppress = !FusionPro.Composition.isPreview;

But can I also use something along the the lines of FusionPro.Composition.outputFileName.indexOf(String("die")...

to get Fusion to suppress the graphic frame on output unless my output filename contains the word "die"?

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to show a graphic frame with a die line for previewing and to print some setup sheets that include the die line on output. But to have the actual production output file not include the die line.

(I need the die line graphic frame to be a variable element and not static so that I can have it on top of other variable elements - so having it be a static background element doesn't appear possible.)

thanks,

kim

Edited by Kim

But can I also use something along the the lines of FusionPro.Composition.outputFileName.indexOf(String("die)...

to get Fusion to suppress the graphic frame on output unless my output filename contains the word "die"?

Sure, you're most of the way there:

FindGraphicFrame("DieLine").suppress =
   FusionPro.Composition.outputFileName.indexOf("die") < 0;

Wow, thanks for that question and response, I will use that alot. I used to just create two resources one with die and one without and then two respective rules and switch the rules of the graphic box when running the proof with dieline. This will save a little time for most jobs, but could be a big time saver for others. Thank you.