Static w/ Attributes - No Inventory?

hinesj87

I have an item in the warehouse that comes in different shapes and/or sizes. The static product type does not work because of the varying sizes, so Static w/ Attributes seems like the way to go. The only problem is that I cannot find a way to keep track of the inventory like I can with a true static item.

It seems like I can't do this because I don't have hard-coded SKUs to link an inventory level to.

Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff,

First off, an item with inventory should be setup as a Pick product type, that way it creates a pick ticket on the Dashboard. You can create different SKUs for each of the different sizes. The only draw back here is that your Price cannot change for each of the different SKUs, the Price is tied to the Product and each SKU will have the same Price. For each SKU (size) you will be able to manage inventory independently.

Static w/ attributes, is considered an inventory item, but we do not track inventory because the multiple attribute concept. When the user selects their options in the form, the SKU value is generated based on the selections the customer makes. One of the advantages is the fact that you can charge extra for a selection (size as an example), unlike a Pick item.

Hope this helps