Resampling images in FP Server

azatko

We are using FusionPro Server as back end to a w2p app where users can upload images that are used to populate graphics copyholes in FP templates. Sometimes users upload images that have way too mach data (resolution) for the template copyhole size and target device output resolution. Is there a mechanism in FP Server that would be able to resample images during composition?

I see a button on the CompoSition Settings' Graphics tab called "Settings..." with label "Personalized Images" leading to a dialog where I can choose to "Use Personalized Image Web Service" where I see option FusionPro Direct/Server (local) but I have not found in any FP documentation explanation what this is good for. Maybe this is the functionality I am looking for?

Thank you

azatko,

Unfortunately not. The Personalized image server/settings are all in relation to FusionPro Expression working in conjunction with FP Desktop or Server in composing personalized images. Personalized images, like your name in clouds or written in the sand on a beach are what FP Expression create; which can also be done with the help of FP Desktop.

As far as image downsampling goes, you will need to manage that on your end, as FP Server will only downsample to 72 or keep at original resolution.

Cheers

We are using FusionPro Server as back end to a w2p app where users can upload images that are used to populate graphics copyholes in FP templates. Sometimes users upload images that have way too mach data (resolution) for the template copyhole size and target device output resolution. Is there a mechanism in FP Server that would be able to resample images during composition?

I don't understand what the issue is. In what way is there "too much data" for the copyhole? What are you expecting to be different in the output? FusionPro scales the graphic to fit the frame, although that means different things in different output formats. So exactly what target device and output format are you trying to optimize the output for?

Although as Rich said, generally it's up to the higher-level application (the w2p app in this case) to make sure it's feeding appropriate inputs to FusionPro. Our own Web-to-Print app, MarcomCentral, does this kind of preprocessing and verification of images before invoking FusionPro.

Archived