Vertical spacing for two address

oleooo

I am trying to create a rule that will allow the client to select a either 1 address or two address, but if only one address is selected the Practice name or specialty will line up with the persons name. I have written a script but of corse I do not know what i am doing. I have attached a zipped sample of the project.

Thanks

Ole

Clinic_BC_New_2.zip

Thanks for posting the job, but it's hard for me to tell exactly what output you're trying to get, and exactly what text you're trying to line up with other text, especially since I don't have your fonts installed. Can you please post (a) a mockup of what you want the output to look like in both the one-address and two-addresses cases, and (b) a version of the job using standard fonts (such as Arial), so that I can play with it in FP Desktop?

Also, when I compose, I get a lot of errors in the log file with variations of this:

Unknown Tag fsize="6" ignored.

You need to change your rules to use tags such as <z newsize="8"> instead of <fsize="8">, which isn't valid FusionPro markup.

Anyway, I suspect that what you want to do to line up the text is, instead of having a rule, simply place the variables for the two addresses directly in the text frame (possibly with Suppress if Empty set on most of the paragraphs), and set its vertical alignment to Bottom.

Or, maybe the solution is to add a third frame, so that the second address goes into its own text frame, separate from the first address.

Dan,

Thanks for the tips. I have uploaded examples of the templates as well as a zip file.

My dilemma is that the marketing guy wants the type that says St Health System always to line up across from the name. This would work by setting to bottom alignment , but not everyone in the hospital selects the po box or the department name. when the second address is input these field do not need to line up but move up.

I have changed the font in the zip(template file) to Arial. I am also using FusionProv7.2

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Ole

Clinic_BC_New_2.zip

addrrss1.pdf

addrrss2.pdf

Based on your examples, I would create two frames in the right column, each with it's own rule. The one would be for two addresses and return nothing if only one address is present in the data while the 2nd frame would only return a value if one address was included. Both would be top-aligned with the smaller, one-address frame sized to align with the info in the left column.

Archived