Producer not copying produced PDFs to final output folder

Hello,

FusionPro Creator 13.0.2 on a Monterey Mac / Producer 13.0.2 on Windows Server 2019

I have a data file with about 3,700 records. One field is the name of a realtor, there are eight possible realtors sprinkled throughout the data. There are also variable graphics that are specific to each realtor. For proofing, customer wants one PDF for each possible realtor in the list, so we would need eight PDFs. So I have logic in OnRecordStart that basically builds a list of realtor names as it parses the data; once it finds a realtor that's not in the list, it makes a new PDF with that record's data and adds their name to the list. This gives me the eight proof PDFs I need.

This all works great when I compose it in Acrobat on my Mac. But when I compose it on our Producer box, only five of the expected eight PDFs make their way to FusionPro's final output folder. Here's the fun part: when I look in that job's subfolder in the DirectWorking folder, all eight PDFs are in there. They're just not all getting copied to the final output folder. The job's log indicates that three of the PDFs are incorrectly being copied twice. Here's a snippet from the log:

Composing record #1, input record 1
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Tony Proto.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Tony Proto.pdf
Composing record #2, input record 210
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Harry Sanders.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Harry Sanders.pdf
Composing record #3, input record 211
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Harry Sanders.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Harry Sanders.pdf
Composing record #4, input record 215
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Bill Franklin.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Bill Franklin.pdf
Composing record #5, input record 290
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Bill Franklin.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Bill Franklin.pdf
Composing record #6, input record 340
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Andrew Pariser.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Andrew Pariser.pdf
Composing record #7, input record 457
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Sally Digiovanni.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Sally Digiovanni.pdf
Composing record #8, input record 486
Copied file: C:\DirectWorking\1711112884\1711112884\Sally Digiovanni.pdf to C:\Printer_Hot_Folder\Sally Digiovanni.pdf
Job ended 09:08:35 - 1711112915.
Total Job Time: 29s

In the data file, each of those eight records are unique realtor names, e.g. record #211 is NOT Harry Sanders, it's actually Bill Franklin. Record 215 is not Bill Franklin, it's Andrew Pariser. Etc. As I said, the eight PDFs are being correctly created in the DirectWorking folder. But it's almost like FusionPro gets confused when it comes time to copy them to the final output folder. Very strange. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Drewstre

I don't know any reason why that would happen, but I can't analyze this without any more information.

Is this a multi-line record job?  And what data format (tab-delimited, Excel, etc.)?

If you can collect up a minimal sample that reproduces this, please post it here or send it to Support.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for not replying sooner... for this project I ended up changing my logic around until I could finally get it work, just to get it out the door. After it was done and gone, I went back and tried to unfix my logic, but could not get it to replicate the issue. Will follow up if I see it again.

Thanks,

Drewstre