People can't open my packed files from Indesign, missing FusionPro plugin

marcusm

Have a problem with FusionPro plugin in Indesign. I pack my Indesign document and send it to another computer. On the other computer can we open the document and work with it, but when we try to pack images and fonts in Indesign it's not possible because you need a FusionPro plugin to do this.How can I solve this problem? :confused:

Open the .indd that when open, gives the missing plugin data warning

Go to InDesign's File->Export menu, select to export to InDesign Interchange (INX).

This will save the file to an inx file that doesn't contain any plug-in data

Reopen this inx file back into Indesign, do a regular Save As to save it back to the Indesign format.

• 1 month later...

Hi Eric. That's the problem we are experience as well. I think Printable should work on some solution so the plugin don't have to be inserted in every single indesign file you work with. Even the files that dont use the plugin gets "infected" with this problem.

Is there any thoughts from Printable to work in this issue for a future releases?

Sure you can save as .indx and save it again as indd but this solution feels like a temporary option.

We have fixed the problem, in FusionPro 6.2. So, any InDesign files created with the 6.2 or newer version of the FusionPro plug-in installed will not show any warning message when opened on another machine without the FusionPro plug-in.

However, the InDesign SDK does not allow us to fix the problem for documents created with earlier versions of the FusionPro plug-in. So you'll have to use the workaround that Alex suggested for such documents. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Archived