Need to make a graphic box variable

jwickman

I need to make a box for a colored background. I need the box to come in and out depending on the rule. How do I make a rule for a graphic box. Do I have to make a box in illustrator and return the graphic resource? I have the same issue with a line that I made out of the graphic object box. I need it to come in sometimes and not others. Can it be done, or do I need to create the line in Illustrator and bring it in as a graphic?

if Field("Sgn_Stk_Typ") = "FP"

return "this box"

1. Draw a graphic frame the exact size and location as your text frame.

2. Create a bunch of solid color images (we'll use Red.tif, Green.tif, Orange.tif) and name them the exact same (including the capitalization) as the color names you'll offer but minus the file extension.

3. Create a graphic rule that says:

return CreateResource(Field("ColorChoice") + ".tif", "graphic");

4. Insert the graphic rule into the graphic frame

5. Go to FusionPro > Layers > Send backward to move the graphic frame below the text frame.

6. Ensure that the text frame's fill color is set to None.

I was trying to avoid bringing in more graphics to keep the size down. That is a huge downfall of FusionPro. You should be able to create a box or a line that is attached to a "true, false" rule that brings it in and out as needed.

If you're using FusionPro 6.0 or later, this is really easy. Just give the frame a name in the Frame Properties palette and do this in the OnRecordStart rule:

FindGraphicFrame("YOUR FRAME NAME").suppress = true;

(Or set it to false as the case may be.)

Archived