Black Text turning Rich without my permission!

farns

Howdy, I'm kinda new here, but not new to FP. I'm running 6.1 on Windows Vista. I've got a text box that had three variables in it:

<variable1><variable2><variable3>

Variable 1 and 3 are intended to be 100% Black. Variable 2 is set as a spot color. I have two or three instances of this in my piece. If I make all 3 black, it works out right, and my output is 100% black. When I make variable 2 the PMS color, variable 3 becomes a rich black. Even tho when I look at it in the variable text editor, it says 100% Black, my output turns to rich black, but only for that one variable.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Farns

Farns,

You might try using a rule with color tags instead:

return '<color name="BlackSpot">'+Field("variable1")+'</color name><color name="BlackPMS">'+Field("variable2")+'</color name>'<color name="BlackSpot">'+Field("variable3")+'</color name>'

This will of course require that you create 2 black colors with the names indicated in the tags above. Do not forget the check the box in the rule "Treat return strings as tagged text"

Hope it works!

• 2 weeks later...
my output turns to rich black, but only for that one variable.

What output format are you using? Also, how are you determining that it's turning to "rich black"? Are you printing it? What printer and RIP are you using? Or are you using some tool to examine the output, and if so, which one? Can you attach a sample of the job and the output?

Archived