Value is -Missing- in Preview Record Selector

Received a revised data file, re-linked, had to re-enter some of the fields, but I still have one that displays {Break Mark} in my address window and in the Preview Record Selector it says it is -Missing-. I have removed all of the data fields and re-entered everything with still the same results. Can you tell me what is causing this? I have checked the Excel file and do see periodic break marks, and nothing usual.

Went back and started over with a fresh PDF. Thought I had it licked, but now when I compose my final 4 up, work and back, stacked postcards, the right two cards display the {break mark} field rather than a break mark or blank, but the left two cards display correctly.

If your break mark field is the last column in an Excel file, Excel may not be saving it correctly. It sometimes leaves the last column out if it is not filled-in in every row when saving out to a text file. If this is indeed the problem, create a new column after your last one and fill it with something, in every row then resave to a new text file.

Sorry, I did do a search on and off your web site with no results only not with those exact words. I as not aware it was an Excel problem at that point. I know I have a LOT of issues with Fusion Pro anytime someone changes either the base art or data files on me and I have to sometimes start completely over, so I was assuming it was Fusion Pro at that time.

Archived