ncr pads

LesSjo

I have a job that is getting ncr pads. Simple so far...

Here's the monkey wrench. The job consists of 2 books - each book has 50 sets of 2 part ncr sheets (book 1 is numbered 101-150, book 2 is numbered 151-200). The cover of each book has variable data (name and location), each sheet of the set is slightly different, but contain the same data (name, location and variable numbers for book 1, or book 2).

The customer can order in sets of books, but all books are numbered the same, 101-150 and 151-200. So if a customer ordered 2 sets, they would receive 2-copies of book 1 and 2-copies of book 2. The customer can also order a 1/2 set (book 1 only).

I have 2 data files, one contains the customer information and the number of sets ordered, the second contains the number head information (numbers from 101-200).

Can this be done drawing from an external data file? and if so, how would I begin setting it up? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How are you running your production?

-different templates for the 2 booklet vs. 1 booklet?

-impositioning done through you or at the press for the 1 booklet? How many up on a sheet?

I would believe the javascript could handle this request based on your customer's request and how your FP template is setup.

If the customer is requesting two copies of book 1/book 2, I would think that would be on the ticket write-up for the pressmen to run two copies?

How are you running your production?

-different templates for the 2 booklet vs. 1 booklet?

-impositioning done through you or at the press for the 1 booklet? How many up on a sheet?

I would believe the javascript could handle this request based on your customer's request and how your FP template is setup.

If the customer is requesting two copies of book 1/book 2, I would think that would be on the ticket write-up for the pressmen to run two copies?

thanks for the quick response.

In the past, this has always been run conventionally and the sheets were fed through a letter press and stamped with the information. The imposition will be 4-up on a 13 x 19 sheet. (book size is 4-3/4 x 12.)

I was hoping to be able to use the data field for the number of books needed to be able to create the pdf file (1-up), and from there, the operator would be able to set up a hot folder to fill the 4-up imposition template.

Any ideas?

Archived