Text Wrap / Uneven Line Breaks

graphikal

We've had a recurring problem. We have a text box that has to wrap around an image in our newsletter. The image is a static part of our layout in PDF, so we create our text box first, than put a graphic box over the image and select the wrap function.

The problem is we consistently get a line break in the text that is larger (more spacing) than the rest of the text block. It usually occurs at the line that occurs closest to the bottom of the graphic box we've created. It looks like 1.5 line spacing. We are doing manual leading for the text box, but even when we turn that off it still occurs. I've tried deleting and re-applying, re-creating, etc., and it keeps occurring.

Any thoughts, or anybody have the same issues??

Any thoughts, or anybody have the same issues??

Have to use Legacy Line Leading.

Dan Korn:

You can try turning on Legacy Leading and see if that helps (Text Editor -> Paragraph -> Global Settings -> Use legacy line leading).

AWESOME! Worked perfectly! Thanks for the quick reply - you have no idea how helpful this was to us. Greatly appreciated.

When you have a chance, can you tell me what the "legacy" refers to or when you would use it and why?

Thanks so much again

When you have a chance, can you tell me what the "legacy" refers to or when you would use it and why?

I have no idea why this happens or what the purpose would be for the extra line-break is for. Dan's post address the issue and I now know what to do but didn't find out why it does this.

Glad it could help.

Just a summary here. I'm sure someone else could explain all the details. Legacy refers to old versions of FusionPro back when it was called DL-100. This was when the software was maintained by Data Logics. When Printable purchased it and began upgrading, they changed the way the leading works. Thus, they called the old way "legacy".

Archived