Loading Fonts

Liz Singh

I created a letter in Adobe InDesign with static and variable text frames, exported this into FusionPro. In InDesign I am using the font Conduit ITC Std with the ability to choose light, medium and bold (italic in all). I am using light, light italic and bold.

I installed and loaded these fonts into FusionPro. However, when I compose the letter, an error of Conduit ITC Std bold and italic are not loaded fonts.

I can see them in the FusionPro/Fonts folder. I have loaded all fonts and all new fonts several times, only to keep getting the same error when composing. Also, in my fonts dropdown option I have Conduit ITC Std light and medium, no bold and I am unable to use italics or bold from the text frame toolbar. Why is it not loading the fonts or allowing me to use the options from the text frame toolbar?

Liz

You probably don't have all the styles of that font family installed. The Variable Text Editor will "fake" missing bold and italic styles of a font family, but you need an actual instance of the font installed in that particular style (face) in order to use it in a composition.

So, to fix this problem, you will need to either (a) modify your job to not invoke the "missing" styles of the font, (b) install all the relevant styles, or © use a different font with all relevant styles included.

Please see this thread for more explanation of how FusionPro handles "families" of fonts.

• 3 weeks later...

A font family would be like -

Conduit ITC Std with styles of Light, Light Italic, Light Bold, Medium, Medium Itali,Medium Bold, etc. Am I understanding this correctly?

If so, I have installed all the styles for this font in FusionPro and I continue to get the error message if I don't use a subsitute font.

I'm working with a PC.

Do you have Suitcase as a font management tool? I'm not sure loading a font into FusionPro is the way to go as they have a different way of displaying fonts from their program.

You could try this:

Go to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

File\Install New Font\browse to font location and install. Do not copy and paste into location.

Restart machine, Open Acrobat\FusionPro\Advanced\load fonts\ load all\close Acrobat\reopen.

See if your font now appears?

A font family would be like -

Conduit ITC Std with styles of Light, Light Italic, Light Bold, Medium, Medium Itali,Medium Bold, etc. Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes.
If so, I have installed all the styles for this font in FusionPro and I continue to get the error message if I don't use a subsitute font.

You can check the fonts.err file in your FusionPro install location for any reference to these fonts. Other than that, I recommend contacting Support for all font-related issues.

Archived