Load Tables

Hadrian

I saw that it was similar to the graphic createresource for my specific purposes. Thanks.

I am using FP to create a set of dynamic tables based on a hash array. The problem is that the array has gotten too big and i was thinking of moving the tables to a individual resources to avoid the huge composition time. I am assuming that there is no way to export the table markup FP outputs to make the table? The issue is that i am using CalculateTextExtent to make the proper padding and such and that makes FP the only way to measure all pre-existing aspects of the table.

I am using FP to create a set of dynamic tables based on a hash array. The problem is that the array has gotten too big and i was thinking of moving the tables to a individual resources to avoid the huge composition time. I am assuming that there is no way to export the table markup FP outputs to make the table?

I'm not sure what you mean by "the table markup FP outputs." FusionPro doesn't output any table markup. You output the table markup, generally from a rule, and FusionPro reads it as input. So, if you have a rule which generates the markup, then you can just save click Validate in the Rule Editor and copy and paste the markup to an external file. (Or use Print to write it to your log file or something.)

Found a ridiculously easy way of doing this. Had FP compose every table (2500 to be exact) markup as non tagged text on a regular pdf. Used Automator to "Extract Text from PDF" for all PDFs. Took 3 minutes. It is a hodgepodge method but for the sake of brevity it works.

Thought about creating a single log file and concatenating the xml (i think) syntax of <record> </record> and naming the record accordingly but that would still create a large log file that would require a lengthy parsing for the correct record.

Archived