How to print different quantities as determined by database?

I have a job that is actually an elaborate versioning job. It is a sheet of coupons that have variable content according to a location and there is a different quantity for each location. Such as:

location# quantity offer

1 - 100 - $150

2 - 75 - $250

3 - 300 - $50

4 - 25 - $500

5 - 43 - $75

Is there a way through JavaScript or otherwise for the output to generate as many copies as are required by the database?

I have a job that is actually an elaborate versioning job. It is a sheet of coupons that have variable content according to a location and there is a different quantity for each location. Such as:

location# quantity offer

1 - 100 - $150

2 - 75 - $250

3 - 300 - $50

4 - 25 - $500

5 - 43 - $75

Is there a way through JavaScript or otherwise for the output to generate as many copies as are required by the database?

With Fusion Pro 6 it is really easy.. With earlier versions, it's a bit dicey but works.. If you could elaborate which version you have, the answer will be forthcoming..

In 6, there is a function called FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber

Check it out in the doc....

Mark

Hello,

As Mark mentioned, we do have this feature built into FP Desktop 6.0. It's quite simple to use and has a number of additional options for querying the record number, repeat number, and a couple other properties during your repeat process.

If you have FusionPro Desktop 6.0, check out this sample job:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=391

We also had a method to do this in versions of the product before 6.0 but it was difficult to work with for most users, required a bunch of JS code, and lead to some unexpected results. We therefore do not officially support that old method - instead offering this new capability in the Desktop 6.0 product.

hth.

I have Desktop version 5.8P2.

You can try the workaround shown in this thread:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=36

But I highly recommend upgrading to version 6.0, as it will be well worth the trouble you save using the new repeat record functionality instead of the older workaround.

You should also add information about the version of FusionPro you're using, and your platform, to either your signature or your user profile, so that others can give you more specific answers in the future. See the link in my signature.

Archived