Dynamic text box

Carrie Dodt

You want to resize the entire page based on the data? Yes, you can do that in MarcomCentral, or with any solution utilizing FusionPro VDP Server or Producer. We call it an "ad resizing" job. Though the usual way those work is where the page size is defined in the data, and frames are moved around to fit on the resized page. You're kind of doing the opposite, where the page size is calculated based on the amount of text content (copy). So you will need some text measurement logic, to measure the text, then resize the page as appropriate.

It would be a lot easier to work from an actual example than to answer this in the abstract. Please post the job files, or send them to Support or your BRM.

Okay, thanks. I'm not sure I completely understand what you're trying to accomplish, though.

Do you really want the entire page to get bigger? Or do you just want the text frame to expand to use up some of the white space on the page?

Could you maybe provide more than one record of sample data, and a mock-up of what you want the output to be in the most extreme case (i.e. the most text to accommodate)?