Jump to content

Preview works but nothing prints


Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I'm using FP Creator 10.0.3 to create PDF output. I have a rule which returns a bunch of tagged text using an external data file. When I preview the output all of the information I need to print is visible. When I compose the document none of the information is printed.


Has anyone had a similar situation? I've used this code in other documents and it works fine. I've boiled a test FP document down to just the essentials and still can't get it to produce a print file. There has to be something simple I'm missing.


Thanks for any help!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. The check box to suppress static PDF background is unchecked. The FP PDF itself is a blank letter sized document. And yes, when I look at the composed PDF there is nothing on the page but some static text I placed in the box to see if anything would print at all. The rule validates in the rules editor, the preview shows the output of the rule. But it doesn't appear in the composed PDF. Strangest thing.


I'll attach the FP PDF and the data files if you want to see if it will compose on your system.






Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, thanks. With that job, I get the same results in the composed output as in Preview on my machine.


You didn't answer all of my questions from my previous post, including the one about the tutorials, but I'll try these:


What does your composition log (.msg) file say?


Also, what are your versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and the operating system?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My apologies. I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1, Acrobat Pro 10.1.16. Other jobs, including the tutorials, do compose to PDF without issues.


At least knowing it composes properly on another installation narrows it down to just my installation/configuration. I'm going to create a new base PDF document. Maybe there is an issue with the one I'm using.


The MSG file contains:

Job started 12:27:24 - 1506446844.
Creator: FusionPro(TM) VDP Creator 10.0.3
Computer Name: PC-MIKEWORK2
Current working folder: C:\Users\mikework\Documents\***xx ******\2017\*********xx 1\ClientOutput
Temporary files folder: C:\Users\mikework\AppData\Local\Temp\
Template File: C:\Users\mikework\Documents***xx ******\2017\*********xx 1\ClientOutput\ClientOutput2.pdf
Input File: C:\Users\mikework\Documents\***xx ******\2017\*********xx 1\ClientOutput\input_buyers.txt
Composing record #1, input record 1
Job ended 12:27:24 - 1506446844.
Total Job Time: 

Note - the "******" in the MSG is just to protect client privacy. The actual folder name is a plain name.



Edited by MikeA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to clear this one out - it looks like the problem was with the file path. It was a long path, but I think I've used longer. It had spaces in the folder and file names but I definitely have used those before. So I don't know if it was a forbidden combination of characters in the path or what, but moving the project to a folder much closer to the root got it going.


Thanks for looking this one over, and maybe someone can get use of my experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...