Using TABS in WebToPrint form

EricC

I have a FusionPro template that I published to my printOne site.

When the user personalizes this item he/she must enter some text into a multi-line text box.

I want the user to be able to enter some text, press the tab key, and enter more text.

However, as you can probably guess, when the user presses the tab key, the cursor moves to the next field in the form.

Is there a way to allow the user to enter a <tab> while inside of a multi-line text box?

Or... can I tell them to enter some special character (like the pipe symbol | and have a JavaScript Rule in my FusionPro template that analyzes the text that the user had input, and replace all of the pipe symbols with <tabs>?

EricC,

You can use a ReplaceSubstring function. In the example below the bar character (“|”) is the character indicating the tab space, but you could use anything including your example (<tab>) if you wanted:

return ReplaceSubstring(Field("MyField1"), "|", "<t>");

Make sure the "Treat returned strings as tagged text" box is checked in the rule editor. You can even set up the tabstops in the text editor w/ correct distances and leader characters if applicable.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help!

This field is actually a multi-line text box.

1. Does this make a difference?

2. Will the 'ReplaceSubstring' function replace ALL occurrences of the '|' character? Within that multi-line text box, the '|' symbol may appear 15 times.

Thank you!!!!

Archived