Approval process based on Quantitiy ordered

Is there a way to require a requisition/approval of an order based on a certain quantity? We currently use drop-down quantity definitions and highly subsidize the cost of our products. We often have users who have a need for more than our largest drop-down option. They have to contact us manually and request that amount, if we approve that amount, we then have to place the order for them by adding the item to the cart multiple times.

For example-If I have a quantity definition set as Fill-in and my max quantity set at 2000, is there a way to allow a user to order over 2000 but require it to be approved by a senior purchaser?

Or here is another scenario- I'd love to have a drop-down quantity definition which would go through the order process with no approval needed. Then, if a user would like to order more than our drop-down quantities allow, I'd like an option for the user to fill in a quantity and go through the requisition process.

Can anyone think of a way that I can achieve the desired result within the current system?

sgillesp,

There is no way to accomplish this the way you are describing it.

There are advanced approval rules, but there are several requirements that go along with those. First off the the quantity they want to request either in the Drop-down or in Fill-in, must exist or not be above the maximum and have pricing set up for that amount. In addition all users must have the rule logic assigned to them.

If you need more details, contact your BRM.