User Selects back of Business Card

Printing Partners

I need to be able to allow the User to select which back to use on a business card. They have two to choose from.

I think I have two methods for this:

1) Place both backs in a Library and allow the User to select the one they want using a pull down menu.

2) Allow them to select which they want from a pull down and use a script to suppress the one they don't want.

I have been trying to create a rule, with no success. Anyone have any experience with this? Constructive suggestions are welcome.

You could also use a Callback / OnRecordStart rule to return just the body page the user selects from a Text dropdown:

if(Field("YourFieldName") == "Backer 1")
{
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Backer1", true);
}
else
{
if(Field("YourFieldName") == "Backer 2")
{
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Backer2", true);
}

Using this rule will require you to give each page in your template a name using "Manage Pages" from the Fusion Pro menu.

Lisa,

Thanks for the help. I am not getting anywhere. I guess I have to study more before I get too much further into scripting with FusionPro and Marcom.

I solved it by using a Library of Images. Simple, fast, done. Probably not the best solution, but I can't spend anymore time on this today. Already lost one day messing with this.

Steven

You could also use a Callback / OnRecordStart rule to return just the body page the user selects from a Text dropdown:

if(Field("YourFieldName") == "Backer 1")
{
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Backer1", true);
}
else
{
if(Field("YourFieldName") == "Backer 2")
{
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("Backer2", true);
}

Using this rule will require you to give each page in your template a name using "Manage Pages" from the Fusion Pro menu.

If you name the pages "Backer 1" and "Backer 2", with spaces, just like the field values, then that rule can be reduced to:

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(Field("YourFieldName"), true);

Although I got the impression from the original post that it's more of an issue of bringing in a graphic on the page than replacing the page entirely. But it's hard to offer specific suggestions without more information.