Some jpg images used don't preview but compose ok

vtutino

I have a postcard template that uses jpg images. Some of the images work correctly and display in the Preview and Compose correctly... and some do not display in the Proof but they all seem to Compose correctly.

In addition to not displaying on the proof these files also seem to keep the rest of the content on the page from displaying as well.

I am trying to figure out why?

When I run the template using the server API to render the proof I get the following messages:

===================

Composing record #1, input record 1

my_error_exit_jpeg: longjmp

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: C:\Resources\AgentPhotos\7546435.jpg

Check for file existence and that it is of the proper format.

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: C:\Resources\AgentPhotos\7546435.jpg

Failed to load graphic file C:\Resources\AgentPhotos\7546435.jpg

Job ended 12:27:30 - 1460737650.

Total Job Time: 2s

===================

If I save the images as png files they work fine but my customer has 1,000s of jpg images they want to use so converting the entire image library is not practical.

I am hoping that the error message is a clue to what might be happening.

Thanks

Vince

FusionPro VDP Creator v9.3.20

Windows 10

Adobe 9

It's almost impossible to diagnose what might be wrong with a graphic without at the very least having the graphic to examine. There may also be other settings in your job that affect this. So you need to either collect up the job, with the graphic, and post it here, or contact Support.

That said, what exactly do you mean by this?

When I run the template using the server API to render the proof I get the following messages:

What "server API?" Do you mean the FusionPro VDP Producer API Web Service? If so, then it could be it could be a configuration problem with the job running through the FusionPro VDP Producer API Web Service. It's likely that the remote machine on which the job is being composed doesn't have the same local files as on your client machine. So even though the file is located in the folder "C:\Resources\AgentPhotos\" on your client FusionPro VDP Desktop/Creator machine when you compose the job through Acrobat, it might not be present in that same location on the composition server machine. Usually the way to resolve this is to make sure that the file is added to the job as a resource, so that it gets collected up with the job. Or, reference the file on a UNC path so that it can be seen at composition time on both the client and server machines. You can enter the UNC path into the Search Path box on the Advanced tab of the Composition Settings dialog.

Or maybe that's not the problem at all. It's hard to tell without more information.