Discounts for Batch Orders

-Lisa-

Good morning!

Have a unique situation:

Is there a way to apply discount pricing to multiple orders of the same product that are placed by different requisitioners but approved by the same purchaser on the same day?

Does this make sense? :confused:

Lisa,

There is a setting in Pricing called "Total like item quantities and apply discount." When active, all quantities of a particular product will be totaled and priced based on that quantity in pricing.

i.e. I add 500 of a widget to my cart, then add 1500 of that same widget (different SKU) and finally add another 500 of the widget (different SKU). Total quantity ordered is 2500, so that is the pricing used for the batch of widgets.

Hey Rich,

Hope all is well!

Currently, the Purchaser approving the orders approves each individually after reviewing the content. So when the orders come through, they all come through individually. My feeling is that the Total Like Item Quantities wouldn't apply in this case because the orders aren't being placed under one complete order. Am I incorrect?

• 8 months later...
Lisa,

There is a setting in Pricing called "Total like item quantities and apply discount." When active, all quantities of a particular product will be totaled and priced based on that quantity in pricing.

i.e. I add 500 of a widget to my cart, then add 1500 of that same widget (different SKU) and finally add another 500 of the widget (different SKU). Total quantity ordered is 2500, so that is the pricing used for the batch of widgets.

This isn't exactly along the lines of what the OP was asking, but it falls in line with your description.

Is there a way to give a discount on like items that are different products. For instance I have customer that 4 different company business cards. Each one is a different product, so if they order one of each they don't get a discount. Is there a way to link 4 different products to a discount in the cart?