JPG Quality

daniel

I was playing around the press configuration settings and when I change JPG Quality from 100 to 70, the file that outputs is smaller in dimensions, it used to be 2800 × 780 and now it outputs 400 × 111. Isn't it just supposed to change the quality setting and not the dimensions? Is there a way to change the quality without changing the size? Thanks for any help.

What version of FusionPro are you running, in what version of Acrobat, on what version of Windows or Mac OS? And are you composing locally through Creator in Acrobat, or with FusionPro Server, or with Producer?

If I compose a record from the Frodo Travel tutorial with the default JPEG Output settings at 100 percent quality (and 72 DPI and 100% scaling), from FusionPro VDP Creator 9.3 on Windows, it creates a JPEG with 612x792 pixels, in a 287K file. If I then change the quality to 70 and recompose, I get a JPEG with exactly the same pixel size, but the file is 93K.

Can you try the same thing with one of the Tutorial files? Does it work correctly with one of those? If not, then it's something specific to your machine or version of FusionPro. If so, then it's something about your template, in which case, can you post it, or a minimal example of it which reproduces the problem?

sorry i thought i was on the marcom central forum. this is a question for when its in marcom. i'll repost it.

Sorry, mea culpa, this is indeed the MarcomCentral app forum. This does seem to be an issue specified to MarcomCentral , not FusionPro. I would escalate this to MarcomCentral support or your BRM.