Distiller Settings

Hello,

A Distiller job-options file called "EPSConvert.joboptions" is used for EPS->PDF conversion for PDF (and VDX) output formats. You should see this in the FusionPro installation folder and can open it in a text editor if you want to see the contents.

This job options file is compatable with Distiller v6 and we highly recommend that users do not use the Distiller program itself to make new job options files. That being said... some users have had to go into this file and make minor modifications (such as turning the option on to preserve OPI comments).

One item to point out is that during composition time, these settings are only used when you are using EPS variable images and creating a PDF based output format (PDF or VDX). The actual PDF output (besides the EPS->PDF conversion bit) itself does not use the Distiller settings as we are a native PDF output generator rather than a PostScript output generator that gets distilled to PDF.

hth.

• 5 years later...
Has anyone else had this problem lately? EPS files won't work with FusionPro when previewing or composing?

If you do a regular composition (not a Preview), and open the log (.msg) file, are there any messages in there related to the EPS files? Also, are the versions of FusionPro, the operating system, and Acrobat in your signature accurate?

In the .msg file I get the following:

"Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: Page."

I also get .log file of the eps from when FP tries to convert it to PDF. Log file is empty - Zero bytes.

I am now using Acrobat 10.1.9, FP 8.2.7, MacOS 10.7.5. I'll update my signature with the current Acrobat version.

I contacted tech support and they recommended a reinstall of FP-same results.

I also made sure the ICC profile was in the correct spot.

Lastly, they suggested editing the EPSConvert.joboptions file, but I am unsure of what needs to be adjusted.

• 5 weeks later...
Any progress on this?

I'm not sure what kind of progress you're expecting from this user forum, without any further information. If you really do have the problem with all EPS files, then there's a problem with the configuration on your machine, but there's no way to investigate that here. If it's only with certain EPS files, then someone would have to look at the files. Either way, I suggest working with Support.

I came here looking to see if others have had the same problem and what they found for solutions.

What other information can I provide?

I've contacted support about this issue and haven't found a resolution.

It was suggested to edit the Distiller job options file. But I'm unsure of what to change.

I'm having this problem on two computers. Same software setup on both.

I came here looking to see if others have had the same problem and what they found for solutions.

Obviously nobody else is having the same problem, or we would have heard about it. Although, I think most people are using newer versions of FusionPro.

What other information can I provide?

That's my point. I don't think there's any information you can provide here on the forum to help anyone troubleshoot the problem. It seems to be something specific to your setup, either your machine or your FusionPro template (or the particular EPS file you're using).

I've contacted support about this issue and haven't found a resolution.

It was suggested to edit the Distiller job options file. But I'm unsure of what to change.

I'm having this problem on two computers. Same software setup on both.

If you're having the same problem on two machines, then frankly, I'm not convinced that it really is a problem with your setup or with all EPS file. Let's try this: Go to this folder on your Mac:

/Applications/Printable/FusionPro/Tutorial/FrodoTravel/Assets

And find the Logo.eps file. Try to use that EPS in a job. Does that work, or do you get the same error?

If you're having the same problem on two machines, then frankly, I'm not convinced that it really is a problem with your setup or with all EPS file. Let's try this: Go to this folder on your Mac:

/Applications/Printable/FusionPro/Tutorial/FrodoTravel/Assets

And find the Logo.eps file. Try to use that EPS in a job. Does that work, or do you get the same error?

I get the same error using the Logo.eps. I also tried using the eps files that came with the cell phone tutorial.

Jeremy