Compose not working.

ThePorge

Acrobat 11.0.12

FusionPro 9.3.22

Mac OSX 10.10.5 (14F27)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

When I try to compose the "FusionPro Composition System" window comes up, but nothing happens. "Status:" shows nothing. "Input File:" shows nothing and all the rest show nothing. The window will not close and just sits there. The only way I can get the window to close is to quit Fusion Pro. The input file is selected in the "Composition Settings" dialog along with the rest of the normal settings choosen.

I've disable all other plug-ins in Acrobat. Restarted. Loaded fonts. Has anyone seen this and figured out what's going on?

I do get a cfg file in my output location. Below is the following from that file:

AbortChoice=BadRec

AFPFormDefOptions=AutoGenerate

AFPOutputColorSpace=CMYK

AFPOutputDeviceDPI=300

Author=

ChangePassword=

CompressOutput=Yes

CropMarksInBlack=No

DisableUnicodeFont=Yes

DropShadowDPI=150

DropShadowEffect=Grayscale

EmbedFonts=Yes

ErrorIfUnicodeUsedAndDisabled=Yes

FlatFileConfiguration=/Volumes/WIP/65001_66000/65678_******x/FPro/RateSht v1.def

FontSubset=Yes

ForceIntegralPointSize=No

HPPPMLImpositionChoice=default

HPPPMLUseSpotColor=No

HyphenationRuleset=English

HyphenDictionary=/Library/Application Support/PTI/FusionPro/English.inx

IgnoreRecordRepeat=No

InputFileFormat=Flat

JDF_create=No

JDF_device=

JDF_port=16

JDF_rip=1

JDF_server=

JDF_submit=No

JDF_url=

JLYTHoldJob=No

JLYTSnapTextKerning=No

JLYTUseSpotColor=No

KeepPDFAnnotions=Yes

Keywords=

Linearize=No

OptimizeForIntelliStream=No

OutputFormat=PDF

OutputSource=onefile

OwnerPassword=

PageMarkOffset=900

PDF/VT=0

PDFLevel=Acrobat 4.0/5.0 Compatible

ppmlgraphicstoexternal=No

PPMLGraphicsUseOriginal=Yes

PPMLGraphicsUseUNC=No

ppmlrewritegraphics=No

RecordsToCompose=All

SearchPath=

StartRecordNo=1

Subject=

SuppressPDFBackground=No

Title=

UseImpositionDefFile=No

VDXBindingIntent=None

VDXBindingSide=Left

VDXFileMode=Single File

VDXVersion=ANSI VDX

When you say "Compose not working" do you mean "I can't compose any job with my FusionPro installation" or "I can't get this particular job to compose?" Have you tried composing one of the tutorial jobs? If that doesn't work, you might want to try the ole' uninstall/re-install routine and reach out to support if that doesn't resolve the problem. If the tutorial composition does work, then your problem is probably specific to this particular template.

That being said, I have not run into this before but at first glance, this seems odd:

FlatFileConfiguration=/Volumes/WIP/65001_66000/65678_******x/FPro/RateSht v1.def

Maybe FP is having difficulty locating the .def file because it's on a server mount? My first suggestion would be to ensure that you have the "WIP" share mounted on the computer you're trying to compose on. If you do, is there a reason that your .def file is not located in the same directory as your template pdf? If you do a collect (FusionPro > Collect...) and try to compose from the resulting file, does that work? You may also benefit from defining a "SearchPath" in your composition settings.

Good luck!

The WIP was(is) mounted. I had just installed 9.3.22 FusionPro. I was running an earlier version. I also uninstalled by running the uninstaller. The def file is located with the RateSht v1.pdf.

Trying the Collect now, but it has now crashed 3 times in a row. I'll give my machine another restart after this post and let you know what happened.

According to this post, FP 9.3.22 supports Acrobat DC so that might help.

But it appears that this user was/is experiencing the same problem as you. Full thread here: http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=3982.

But having said all of that, I still think your best bet would be to contact support. I don't think anyone on this forum will be able to offer you the same level of help.

While we don't know for sure what's different about the Macs where this problem occurs and those where it doesn't, we do have a fix. Support can provide you with a patch to FusionPro 9.3.22 which fixes this problem. Or, since you're not using Acrobat DC, you can install an older version of FusionPro, such as 9.2.

My Mac had this bug using Acrobat 11.0.12 or Acrobat DC.

I have obtained the Patch from support and installed. It is now working under Acrobat DC. I will have to now revert Acrobat when I get the time and re-install PitStop and Prinergy Plug-ins.

:mad:The Acrobat DC interface is complete garbage!!!!!!:mad:

:eek:Got the patch email right after I ran the Acrobat update. Sucks to be me:eek: