Language Menu Change Fonts in Template

daniel

Is there a way to make the language menu change the fonts used in the templates. For example, choosing chinese will enable the chinese font in the template. If not, this would be helpful.

I'm not sure that I understand your question.

Changing the language in MarcomCentral will cause the default text to be displayed in the chosen language. (At the time of this post there are 33 Locales.)

If you use Custom Content, you are responsible for handling the translation for each Locale/Language. MarcomCentral has a mechanism in place for this.

Custom Content > Language

If you want Product Descriptions, Instructions, Form Prompts and Notes (etc.) to display in a different language, I suggest you create different groups for each Language/Country/Locale. Copy the the products. Then, translate the Product Descriptions, Instructions, Form Prompts and Notes in the copied products to the desired language.

Edited by David Miller

daniel,

No FusionPro or MarcomCentral will not translate a template for you. If you want a template to be in English and Chinese, you will need a variable to be used to activate a page or resource in the document or design 2 different templates and show only the respective language to that respective group.

I want to be able to have a user who wants to type in chinese use our templates. But because the template has an english font, it doesn't work. I need something that will switch the font of the template so their input will show up correctly. As of now it shows blank.

I want to be able to have a user who wants to type in chinese use our templates. But because the template has an english font, it doesn't work. I need something that will switch the font of the template so their input will show up correctly. As of now it shows blank.

If your FusionPro Template uses fonts with only English characters then only English characters will be displayed.

By default, Asian character support is turned on. At least, in my version of FusionPro.

If you use a font with Asian characters, Asian characters can be typeset.

Edited by David Miller
Typos