Adjust time-out time waiting for expression

EZ-VDP

Is there any way to extend the timeout time FP desktop waits for an expression. I am on the border and get Graphic not found or processed properly could not process xml. :mad:

Yet If I reprocess the job all the expressions have already been created and get no error. :rolleyes:

Any idea?

Is there any way to extend the timeout time FP desktop waits for an expression.

I need a bit more information to be able to answer your question. First, how are you integrating with FP Expression? Are you using resources of type "FP Expression Image," where you specify a .fpx file and the images are created locally? Or are you using resources of type "Personalized Image," where you reference a library of Expression templates via a Web Service, and if so, are you specifying MarcomCentral or a URL to a server on your network?

Also, do you mean the timeout for Previews, or for regular compositions?

I am on the border

What do you mean you're on the border? The border of what?

and get Graphic not found or processed properly could not process xml. :mad:

Instead of paraphrasing, can you copy-and-paste the exact error message you're getting in the log file ?

Yet If I reprocess the job all the expressions have already been created and get no error. :rolleyes:

Yes, images which have already been created are cached and don't get recreated. This is by design.

The characters in the record look strange, but they work for my font.

Everything below works when I run the FP the second time and it picks up the already created image.

Ignore the on the border comment.

This is an FP Expression Image created locally. There are two expressions for each record.

Portion of log.

Preprocessing record #0, input record 1082

Preflight ended 16:05:10 - 1412280310.

Composing record #1, input record 751

Sheet #1, record #1

Waiting for Personalized Image, Template "NameAdd.fpx", Data "Jiò EæÒe÷#KüÔð Koõþ PrîÙßióì Ê28#1¹»º7 AÝÎadÐ D÷ Sùê A#LÔtßñe RÚèk, AR ¿Ä2ú-40˸" (preprocessed)...

Waiting for Personalized Image, Template "Left.fpx", Data "YÐs! Kwîk KÚõþ P÷iÙßÔóì 8ÄÀ èan crêÌùe æÙd pÝîót HôliÏay ÛoÞßÎÌ÷é òÔræè×Ðø ÑÚÝ càsùômê÷Þ... ñîÖe tíÐ øiØúlaßêd hÌnÏârÔùteÙ oóÐ äÚu'Ýê Óô×éîng.-WÐ Ïô Ìl× ùíê hæré stàëf Þo yÚú pÝînß aÙd#mÌiñ lÔÖe æ gÐóîuø. Fô÷ Øorê inÑÚ seÐ...# wâü.êÿ-ûÏÛ.côò/Óo×Ôéaä#ÚÝ ÎÌñl me æù tíÐ ÙàØÍê÷ çe×ôw ßo ÒÐù #Þtarßêd âîùh øÚòe ëÝÐê se÷vièÐ.-CñÔf"...

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly:

Personalized Image Error: Template Left.fpx, Data YÐs! Kwîk KÚõþ P÷iÙßÔóì 8ÄÀ èan crêÌùe æÙd pÝîót HôliÏay ÛoÞßÎÌ÷é òÔræè×Ðø ÑÚÝ càsùômê÷Þ... ñîÖe tíÐ øiØúlaßêd hÌnÏârÔùteÙ oóÐ äÚu'Ýê Óô×éîng.-WÐ Ïô Ìl× ùíê hæré stàëf Þo yÚú pÝînß aÙd#mÌiñ lÔÖe æ gÐóîuø. Fô÷ Øorê inÑÚ seÐ...# wâü.êÿ-ûÏÛ.côò/Óo×Ôéaä#ÚÝ ÎÌñl me æù tíÐ ÙàØÍê÷ çe×ôw ßo ÒÐù #Þtarßêd âîùh øÚòe ëÝÐê se÷vièÐ.-CñÔf:

Could not process XML. Confirm it is properly formed..

Check for file existence and that it is of the proper format.

The page size in this job differs from the page size in the imposition template. Results may be undesirable.

Composing record #2, input record 834

Sheet #1, record #2

Waiting for Personalized Image, Template "Left.fpx", Data "Yeø! Kwîð KôÛy PÝinùÔÙì 2» Îæó è÷Ðatê Ìnd õrîÙß Ho×iÏæä pÚsùcaÝé òÔ÷ÌÎñeÞ Ñôr èàøtomÐÝs... lîkê ßÓe ÞiØú×æùÐd íaóÏâ÷Ôtßên ÚÙe þôu'rÐ hoñéîóg.-WÐ éÚ a×ñ ßíê hÌÝd Þùúëf øô äou õ÷int æÙÏ#òaÔl ×îÖe Ì ÒÐóiàs. FÚr môÝê ÔnÑo ÞeÐ...# wâü.êå-vép.ÎÚØ/Óôñîdæþ#o÷ èal× òe Ìß ùíÐ Ùúmçêr beñÚw tô ìÐß #øùæÝtêÏ âißh soØe ë÷Ðê ÞeráÔcÐ.-Clîf"...

Personalized Image Error: Template Left.fpx, Data Yeø! Kwîð KôÛy PÝinùÔÙì 2» Îæó è÷Ðatê Ìnd õrîÙß Ho×iÏæä pÚsùcaÝé òÔ÷ÌÎñeÞ Ñôr èàøtomÐÝs... lîkê ßÓe ÞiØú×æùÐd íaóÏâ÷Ôtßên ÚÙe þôu'rÐ hoñéîóg.-WÐ éÚ a×ñ ßíê hÌÝd Þùúëf øô äou õ÷int æÙÏ#òaÔl ×îÖe Ì ÒÐóiàs. FÚr môÝê ÔnÑo ÞeÐ...# wâü.êå-vép.ÎÚØ/Óôñîdæþ#o÷ èal× òe Ìß ùíÐ Ùúmçêr beñÚw tô ìÐß #øùæÝtêÏ âißh soØe ë÷Ðê ÞeráÔcÐ.-Clîf:

Composing record #3, input record 917

Sheet #1, record #3

Waiting for Personalized Image, Template "Left.fpx", Data "YÐø! PIP P÷ÔntîÙÒ Îæó èrêaße Ìné pÝiÙù HÚlÔdæä Ûôstca÷Ï ØîrÌÎ×ÐÞ foÝ èúøßÚòê÷s... ñiðe ùÓÐ ÞÔmulætêé íaódwrîßùen ôÙÐ þoà'Ýê hÚ×Ïióì.-We dÚ æñl ùÓÐ íaÝÏ øtúÑë sô you õ÷inß ÌÙé#ØæÔ× ñîkê a ÒeóiàÞ. FÚr òôÝÐ Ônfo øêe...# âüw.Ðÿ-vdp.cÚm/hôlîÏÌä#o÷ Îæ×ñ Øê aù tÓe ÙúòçÐr bêlÚâ ßô ìeù #stÌÝßÐé üiùí Þomê Ñ÷eÐ øêráÔèe.-C×îë"...

Personalized Image Error: Template Left.fpx, Data YÐø! PIP P÷ÔntîÙÒ Îæó èrêaße Ìné pÝiÙù HÚlÔdæä Ûôstca÷Ï ØîrÌÎ×ÐÞ foÝ èúøßÚòê÷s... ñiðe ùÓÐ ÞÔmulætêé íaódwrîßùen ôÙÐ þoà'Ýê hÚ×Ïióì.-We dÚ æñl ùÓÐ íaÝÏ øtúÑë sô you õ÷inß ÌÙé#ØæÔ× ñîkê a ÒeóiàÞ. FÚr òôÝÐ Ônfo øêe...# âüw.Ðÿ-vdp.cÚm/hôlîÏÌä#o÷ Îæ×ñ Øê aù tÓe ÙúòçÐr bêlÚâ ßô ìeù #stÌÝßÐé üiùí Þomê Ñ÷eÐ øêráÔèe.-C×îë:

Composing record #4, input record 1000

Sheet #1, record #4

Waiting for Personalized Image, Template "Left.fpx", Data "YÐs! PIP PÝÔnùîÙì Îaó è÷êÌte ænd õriÙß HÚlÔÏaä pôÞùcÌÝé òî÷æÎ×Ðø Ñor èústÚmêÝÞ... ñiðe ßhÐ øÔØulaùêd ÓÌóÏü÷îtßen ôÙÐ þoà'rê íÚ×éióg.-WÐ do æ×ñ thê Óa÷Ï sßufÑ ÞÚ yôà ÛriÙù Ìóé#mæÔl ×îke a gÐniúø. FoÝ ØÚ÷ê ÔÙëô seÐ...# wâü.êz-ádõ.coò/íÚñîÏÌä#ôr Îæl× me at ßhÐ óuØçêÝ beñow ùÚ ÒÐt #ÞßÌ÷ùêé âitÓ øôòe frÐê seÝûÔèÐ.-ClîÑ"...

Personalized Image Error: Template Left.fpx, Data YÐs! PIP PÝÔnùîÙì Îaó è÷êÌte ænd õriÙß HÚlÔÏaä pôÞùcÌÝé òî÷æÎ×Ðø Ñor èústÚmêÝÞ... ñiðe ßhÐ øÔØulaùêd ÓÌóÏü÷îtßen ôÙÐ þoà'rê íÚ×éióg.-WÐ do æ×ñ thê Óa÷Ï sßufÑ ÞÚ yôà ÛriÙù Ìóé#mæÔl ×îke a gÐniúø. FoÝ ØÚ÷ê ÔÙëô seÐ...# wâü.êz-ádõ.coò/íÚñîÏÌä#ôr Îæl× me at ßhÐ óuØçêÝ beñow ùÚ ÒÐt #ÞßÌ÷ùêé âitÓ øôòe frÐê seÝûÔèÐ.-ClîÑ:

Composing record #5, input record 752

Okay, thanks for the additional info. This isn't a timeout issue at all. It's a problem with parsing the XML files created by FP Expression along with its output images, possibly due to the use of Unicode text in the Expression personalization, or possibly just having a file name that's too long because of the length of the personalization data.

Can you tell me the exact versions of FusionPro VDP and FP Expression that you're running?

Also, can you post the entire log file as an attachment, along with an example page from the output? Or better yet, a collected sample job that demonstrates the problem?

Okay, thanks for the version info. But I still don't really have any way to analyze the problem without the job files. I suspect that you're doing something very unusual with the amount of data you're sending to FP Expression, or its encoding, but I need to have something to reproduce the error.

Thanks. I'm doing a test run of the job now. In the meantime, here are a few initial observations:

• I think the problem is that the jumbled/encrypted/weirdly-encoded text being used for the FP Expression personalizations is the root of the parsing error. This is something that I don't know how we could have possibly anticipated in either development or testing. I guess my question is, why? Why use such a bizarre encoding instead of just ANSI?
  • I would make most of the "left side" static, and use FP Expression only for the truly variable part of the text.
  • You might want to remove the swear word in the NameAdd.fpx preview text before distributing it.

Sorry about the word in the address.

To give an overview, I have created a handwritten font with multiple sets of lowercase characters and numbers. I run the data through and edit program, then use the appropriate font. The outcome looks more handwritten than anything else I have seen. I understand you could not anticipate data like this. The reason I don't make it static is to get the expression effects of the text not being in a straight line.

The strange thing is, this works fine once the images are cashed, when I run it the second time. Obviously the Expression creates the images without a problem. It's the return data that gets flagged somehow.

Sorry about the word in the address.

It doesn't bother me, but it's just something to watch out for.

To give an overview, I have created a handwritten font with multiple sets of lowercase characters and numbers. I run the data through and edit program, then use the appropriate font. The outcome looks more handwritten than anything else I have seen. I understand you could not anticipate data like this.

The usual way to do this in FP Expression is with an Image Characters set, where you pass the "normal" text to Expression, and it then randomly selects from a set of images (glyphs) for each character's code point.

The reason I don't make it static is to get the expression effects of the text not being in a straight line.

I don't mean you should make it all static, just the part that actually is static, or at least seems to be static, specifically the text "We do all the hard stuff..."

The strange thing is, this works fine once the images are cashed, when I run it the second time. Obviously the Expression creates the images without a problem. It's the return data that gets flagged somehow.

Yes, as the error message says, it's a problem parsing the XML file that Expression creates along with its output graphics. Can you locate one of these XML files that it's having trouble with? They're probably in the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\FPExpressionOutput", unless you changed the FP Expression Images folder in the FusionPro Advanced Settings dialog.

Anyway, I opened up the template and composed the record range specified, and I didn't get any personalized image errors (just errors about missing Pg1.pdf and Pg2.pdf). I think that this might be because we made a fix to the preprocessing in FusionPro 9.3.

Those XML files seem fine. I think the problem is in the preprocessing. You have two options:

1. Turn off preprocessing. Go into the Composition Settings dialog, on the Graphics tab, click the Personalized Image Settings button, and UNcheck the "Preprocess in Batch Mode" box.

-- OR --

2. Install FusionPro VDP 9.3. You can contact FusionProSupport@PTI.com for a download link.