FusionPro VDP v9.2 (Mac)

Melaperu

Hello, I have downloaded the updated software to my Creative Cloud 9.2.1 InDesign program and I am able to assign text and graphic images, but when i go to export document, nothing happens? Adobe Acrobat does not open, ive shut down and restarted after making sure all fonts uploaded. My background is a PDF and i am running MAC OS X Version 10.7.5

TGM_ResidentEvent_Poster.zip

Thanks for posting the collected InDesign template, but we recommend you not post proprietary fonts to this user forum, as doing so almost always violates the font license. If you need to send fonts for analysis, you can contact PTI Support.

Also, is the problem really specific to this one InDesign document? If not, then there's no need to attach it.

Anyway, does the PDF you specify in the Export dialog get created on disk? If so, you should be able to open it in Acrobat and it should be processed normally.

Finally, does the problem occur whether Acrobat is already running or not?

Sorry about that, new to this.

the PDF is only a background image instead of an eps file.

The problem occurs whether Acrobat is already running or not. Ive tried both.

I have also tried a business card file and same thing happens, nothing. :(

Sorry about that, new to this.

the PDF is only a background image instead of an eps file.

The problem occurs whether Acrobat is already running or not. Ive tried both.

I have also tried a business card file and same thing happens, nothing. :(

I don't understand what you mean by, "the PDF is only a background image instead of an eps file." How would an EPS file be involved in this process?

I'll ask again: Does the PDF file that you specify in the Export dialog get created? Look for it in the Finder. If so, what happens when you double-click on it?

Oh ok i understand what you are saying now, no PDF file gets created form the export dialogue box, there is nothing in my finder or on the desktop, etc. The PDf i am referring to is just an asset in the links folder.

thank you for your help and understanding.

I am experiencing the same issue. I am running 9.2.26 on a mac. I am trying to export my first job from InDesign CC (which is updated to 9.2.1) and nothing happens. No dialog pops up asking me to select a destination or pdf profile, nothing shows up on disk, nothing opens in Acrobat XI. It does not matter if Acrobat is open or not.

I thought it might be my document, so I created a new one consisting of just a text box, but same result, nothing exports. I restarted both InDesign CC and my computer, same result. I tried a simple file in InDesign CS6, and it exports fine. I know I can export from CC as an idml to CS6, but many times the text reflows. If that happens on this particular job, it will incur a LOT of extra time.

For now, I will have to go the CS6 route and hope for the best. But I would really like to know why CC is not working.

Due to some legacy software, I've had to hang back at 10.6.8. Will be retiring that software soon and upgrading to Mavericks.

Okay, well, according to Adobe, InDesign CC requires 10.7 (Lion) or later:

http://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/tech-specs.html

So you're using a configuration that Adobe doesn't support. Therefore, I don't think we need to make an effort to support it either.

Now, the original post mentions 10.7, which is supported by Adobe, and I believe that the problem with our CC plug-in is specific to that version of OS X. We're verifying that in QA now. In the meantime, my recommendation is to use 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or Mavericks (10.9) for InDesign CC with FusionPro.

We have a build of the InDesign CC plug-in for Mac which supports Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), as well as later versions of OS X. This will be made available in an upcoming patch release to FusionPro VDP 9.2. In the meantime, if you are running InDesign CC on 10.7 and need this right away, please contact Support and they can provide you with the new plug-ins.

Please note that 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is still not supported by Adobe for InDesign CC, so we don't support that configuration either.