Question about a versioned product…

Gerard

Hi,

I would like to know if, for a variable product, it's possible to create a rule to re-assign the destination of a data in the case of one of te cells of the Excell file is empty.

I want to compose a business card. Raw 1 is Tel / Raw 2 is Fax and Raw 3 is e.mail.

In the case of, for one of the records, raw 1 is left empty, I would be happy to fill the place with the data of raw 2 and fill the place assignet to raw 2 with data of raw 3… to avoid any hole in the layout.

Hoping I exposed my problem a comprehensive way… Thank you for the information & all the best !

Gerard.

Is this really a MarcomCentral-specific question? It seems to be a FusionPro question to me. If the three fields are on separate lines in a text frame, then, in Acrobat, you can edit the text, select all the text in the frame, click Paragraph, and then check the "Suppress if" box and select "Containing Empty Variables."

The 3 fields are on the same line, I try to imagine a way, in the case of the first one is left empty, for example, to "fill the gap" by moving the others…

More simply (if it's possible…) : If cell A1 is empty, cell B1 replace it, cell C1 replace cell B1.

Edited by Gerard

The 3 fields are on the same line, I try to imagine a way, in the case of the first one is left empty, for example, to "fill the gap" by moving the others…

More simply (if it's possible…) : If cell A1 is empty, cell B1 replace it, cell C1 replace cell B1.

Okay, so this is really a FusionPro question then, correct?

It's hard to be able to tell you exactly what to do without seeing the job, or knowing what version of FusionPro you're using, but I think you want to do something like this:

var items = [ Field("Raw 1"), Field("Raw 2"), Field("Raw 3") ];
return items.filter(String).join(" ");