Setting repeatRecordCount

wgrimm

I know that repeatRecordCount can be set with a Field or a static number, but I would like to set the repeatRecordCount with a variable.

There seems to be a problem with FusionPro interpreting the variable correctly (as an integer).

Is setting repeatRecordCount with a variable a bad idea, or does someone have a working example?

thanks,

Bill

I know that repeatRecordCount can be set with a Field or a static number, but I would like to set the repeatRecordCount with a variable.

There seems to be a problem with FusionPro interpreting the variable correctly (as an integer).

Is setting repeatRecordCount with a variable a bad idea, or does someone have a working example?

When you say a "variable," what do you mean exactly? Do you mean a data field? If so, you just need to call the Int function to convert the string value of the data field to a number, like so:

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = Int(Field("YourFieldName"));

I need to set the repeatRecordCount depending on the contents of more than one field and various scenarios.

I have set up a variable to hold the repeat value, but it doesn't give me the correct number of record repeats.

Since this template will be reused regularly I was hoping to avoid setting it up as external data, or manipulating the data so that anyone here could run it.

I am out of time with this job so I am going to move forward as external data, which I have done a couple of times before with type of job.

thank you,

Bill

I need to set the repeatRecordCount depending on the contents of more than one field and various scenarios.

I have set up a variable to hold the repeat value, but it doesn't give me the correct number of record repeats.

Okay, well, you might need to convert whatever other variable you're using to a integer using the Int function. I can't offer any more specific help without seeing the code, though.

Since this template will be reused regularly I was hoping to avoid setting it up as external data, or manipulating the data so that anyone here could run it.

I am out of time with this job so I am going to move forward as external data, which I have done a couple of times before with type of job.

Okay. The fix is probably pretty simple, but, again, there's not much anyone here can do to help without a bit more information.