Problem with exporting from Quark

sschardan

It has been a very long time since I've had a variable job come in as QuarkXpress, but now I have one.

I am on my Mac (OS 10.6.8) trying to export from Quark 8.12 into FusionPro VDP Creator 8.2.5. Once the export clears Quark, it tries to open in my Acrobat X (10.1.7), then errors out with "Export Error: An internal error has occurred and processing has stopped." Then it lists the path to where the output file should be and says to read the log file. However, nothing is in that location, no log file is created.

I have also tried exporting on a different Mac from Quark 7.3, with the same results. Thinking it may be the file I have, I found an old, old Quark job that was successfully exported to FusionPro several years ago, and that will not export now, either. I have absolutely zero issues exporting from InDesign.

Any ideas?

Ok, on my secondary machine I reverted my installation to VDP Creator 8.0, removed the large ICC profiles, and then it exported from Quark correctly. Version 8.12 is still crashing on both machines with or without the large profiles in the PTI Application Support folder