Compose in two formats

We have a daily job that we need to compose two different ways. We need to compose one pdf that contains all of the records in a single file, then compose the same template with individual pdfs for each record named with a variable field.

We have sorted out how to do everything we need to do, but it is a labor intensive process to set it up to compose one way, then switch all of the settings and compose it a second time. Changing the settings every day opens us up to user error.

Is there a way to save Compose Template settings and load them so we don't have to manually change all of the settings?

Is there a better way to approach this that I haven't thought of?

I don't want to have two separate templates and have to worry about keeping them both up to date.

Thanks...

Are you using this as a Desktop template or as a Server template? If you are using it as a server then you could use a different config file to run your command line and accomplish this. Not too sure about the desktop version of it though.

Are you using this as a Desktop template or as a Server template? If you are using it as a server then you could use a different config file to run your command line and accomplish this. Not too sure about the desktop version of it though.

It is a desktop template. Is it possible to switch a config file on the desktop version? I have no idea how you would do that.

No, automating jobs is what the Producer VDP (Server) product is for.

Well, I guess I would counter that the ability to save and recall output settings for manual output could hardly be considered automation, but if that's the answer, then that's the answer.