just upgraded to 8.2, input options?

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: After understanding that there is a another version of FP that always only have had the single-composer, I retract my statement below. Brand value increased :)

Not a cool move to remove that functionality and force us to buy another product. The functionality to compose several records have been available as far back as I can remember in Fusion Pro. And lets face it, there's no added work for you guys in having that functionality, composing 1 is basically the same as composing a 100.

This just makes you come of as greedy. And forces me to have two versions of FP installed. Brand value reduced.

Edited by NPN

Not a cool move to remove that functionality and force us to buy another product. The functionality to compose several records have been available as far back as I can remember in Fusion Pro. And lets face it, there's no added work for you guys in having that functionality, composing 1 is basically the same as composing a 100.

This just makes you come of as greedy. And forces me to have two versions of FP installed. Brand value reduced.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but no functionality has been removed with FusionPro 8.2. There have been single-record versions of the product going all the way back to the DL Formatter days. The single-record version used to be called DL-10; now it's called FusionPro VDP Designer.

Whether you have the single-record Designer, multi-record Creator, or batch-mode Producer version of FusionPro VDP depends solely on your serial number (license).

The single-record licenses are not generally sold directly to end users at all; they're usually distributed to clients of a web-to-print system such as MarcomCentral or EFI Digital StoreFront, although sometimes they are included in specially arranged package deals.

So, if you purchased the multi-record FusionPro VDP Creator from our website, but got a single-record Designer license, then that was a mistake, and I can only reiterate my suggestion to contact Sales. If you obtained the single-record license from someone else in your company, then it's probably part of a package deal, in which case you need to ask whoever provided you with the license. If you obtained the license from a third party such as EFI, you need to contact them.