Inline Graphic rule that centers based on text (not graphic)

GailUdell

I have a set graphic that goes at the beginning of a centered line of text. The graphic needs to float and positions perfectly with an inline graphic rule, except it centers the entire line. I need just the text centered. The graphic size is fixed, so is there a rule that can offset the line by a set number of pixels or any other solution?

I have a set graphic that goes at the beginning of a centered line of text. The graphic needs to float and positions perfectly with an inline graphic rule, except it centers the entire line. I need just the text centered. The graphic size is fixed, so is there a rule that can offset the line by a set number of pixels or any other solution?

So you need the text to be centered, and the position of the graphic to be dependent on where the text ends up? In that case, you'll have to use FusionProTextMeasure to calculate where the text goes, and then set down the graphic separately.

Or did you mean something else? A picture might be worth a thousand words.

Yes - I think that is what I will need. I am only centering horizontally. Placing the image as an inline graphic lands correctly vertically. I attached a sample and circled the inline graphic in red. It needs to float with the centered name.

CertSample.jpg.fe7e709d4bb4af3a4d890afc115aa165.jpg

Yes - I think that is what I will need. I am only centering horizontally. Placing the image as an inline graphic lands correctly vertically. I attached a sample and circled the inline graphic in red. It needs to float with the centered name.

Well, I can point you in the right direction, but it's hard to write a rule for that without seeing the job. You will probably need to at least go through Support, and possibly custom template-building.

It is a very simple piece, just has a static graphic that needs to remain to the left of the name. The name is variable.

It may be a simple piece, but that doesn't mean that the rule you need is simple. Well, actually, it is fairly simple, but it's not necessarily trivial to write. That said, anyone here on the forum is free to jump in.