Using External Data Files in Stores

-Lisa-

Hi all,

Trying to create an external data file like the one referenced in this post to use within an MC store.

The external data file will be called out only when the store user selects to include the contact information of an additional sales rep on their promotional pieces.

Since the inclusion of an additional rep is optional, the call to the external value won't always happen. Can this be done?

I would rather try to use an external data file here because the rep list is constantly changing and to have to update all the templates each time a rep leaves or is hired is going to be unproductive but I'm open to any other suggestions if anyone feels I'm going about this the wrong way.

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the call to the external data file should (will) always happen.

Just use a conditional statement to suppress that information from displaying in your template if the user did not select 'display additional sales rep contact info'

Since the inclusion of an additional rep is optional, the call to the external value won't always happen. Can this be done?

I'm not sure how that question is specific to MarcomCentral, but the answer is Yes. Whatever JavaScript code you have that's creating an ExternalDataFileEx object can certainly be gated with "if" statements or other logic.