Text Box Problems when Inserting Template Rule

ReminderVDP

I am encountering a problem that I have never seen before and have checked everything in the file and cannot come up with a solution.

I have a file with two body pages and then the rest of the pages in the PDF are all the templates for the magazine. Front Cover, Back Cover, Inside Cover, tear out cards, and anchor cards, etc. I created a Template for the Anchor card, then created a rule just like the rest of the rules inserting a template into the Body page. I created a text box and inserted the rule. The text box on the Body page is the same size as the Template page. When I turn on Preview, the template appears, text centered, when it is anchored to the bottom in the Template. When I click bottom anchor it doubles the template in the Body page. See the attachments for better explanation. I have tried deleting the text box on the body page, creating a new one, and still the same result. I've also quit the program and restarted the computer and same result. I have no idea where to go from here.

I can seem to get it working if I just make the data field text, instead of a template page, but I'm not really interested in comprimising when all the other template pages insert fine.

TextBoxProblem1.jpg.55054b9a2890d6f83ae7cadd51d37bd8.jpg

templateframe.thumb.jpg.c1f649378a1fe65d544be4f5767b55e0.jpg

Dan,

The image Text Box Problem is how it displays when Preview is on. The template JPEG is how it should look. I rotate the box for our layout. I use Desktop version 7.2. This is what the rule is for insertion:

//Inserts TOC-2-Anchor template into Body 1

var catalogItem = new FPRepeatableComponent("TOC-2-Anchor");

return catalogItem;

Dan,

The image Text Box Problem is how it displays when Preview is on. The template JPEG is how it should look. I rotate the box for our layout. I use Desktop version 7.2. This is what the rule is for insertion:

//Inserts TOC-2-Anchor template into Body 1

var catalogItem = new FPRepeatableComponent("TOC-2-Anchor");

return catalogItem;

Okay, but I'm not sure I want to spend time figuring out how to create a job which reproduces that. If you could post a sample job, that would be helpful to people trying to help you.

Collecting the entire job as is seems more in line with issuing a FusionPro support ticket rather than starting a thread on the forum and and asking for suggestions. ;) If you remove the confidential information from your data/template and ensure that the problem still occurs, collect it and post it to the forum for us to take a look at. Does the problem occur at composition too or just in preview?

Sorry, but I'm not able to look at any customer files outside the context of public forum posts unless they go through the proper Support channels. You can always contact FusionProSupport@PTI.com and they can provide you with FTP information to upload the files. However, even via Support, there's no guarantee that the job will be routed to me, or that your question can be answered without paid consulting. See my signature for more information.

I am having our IT folks look into the uploading problems here on the forum.

At any rate, you should be able to pare down the files quite a bit for a sample job. You shouldn't need to include any graphic files at all. And the fonts in Assets.dat shouldn't matter for this purpose either. So you should be able to collect up a sample job that's a lot smaller than 7.3 MB which demonstrates the problem.

Edited by Dan Korn