5 page document with non-sequential text frames

sbellia

Hello,

Im trying to merge a csv file 1696 records on to a five page document with one text frame on each page. I need the first page to call the first record and the second page to call the 2nd record and the third page to call the 3rd record...so on until the five pages are used. After the fifth page the documents needs to merge the 6th record on the first page and the 7th record on the 2nd page so on until all 1696 records are used and i have a total of 1696 pages in a series of 5.

In other words, I am trying to create printed tabs so they can go into approx 80 binders. Its one large document with 1696 different tabs non-sequential.

I appreciate the help!

Sal

I'm not sure what you mean by "non-sequential."

If the pages are all radically different, then you can just set all five Body Pages to Unused in the Page Usage dialog, and then do this in OnRecordStart:

var BodyPage = (FusionPro.Composition.outputRecordNumber - 1) % 5 + 1;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(BodyPage, true);

If the pages have similar layouts, then instead of having five separate Body pages in your PDF, you could probably just use a single Body page template, and possibly move some frames around with the FindTextFrame and FindGraphicFrame functionality, again keying off of some logic using the modulus (remainder) operator (like FusionPro.Composition.outputRecordNumber % 5) in a rule.