Carrier Rates discrepency

Hey guys, Im using UPS as my carrier. I have used the test shipping option in manager and it gives me one rate of 8.57 using Ground. I tested with my store in the shopping cart and I get 9.07. I then went to UPS.com and entered all the same info as the earlier and got a price of 11.30. Anybody have any thoughts. I dont have a markup set on my carrier setup.

Thanks!

sbellia,

The rate discrepancy is most likely due to insurance. In the Store, the $ amount for the Price of a product automatically adds an insurance cost respectively. In the Test Shipping, there is no field to define worth of the item or insurance. I'm not sure what UPS does for their calculation.

Hope this helps

Hi, we haven't found any insurance added, but have had great success with configuring UPS shipping.

We don't use the "Test Shipping" feature, but test products in the store (since that is what your customer is going to be using) and compare what we see in the store to what we find on the UPS site.

Make sure you are accounting for carton weights and costs you may have entered. Also do some manual addition for the quantity of item weights. Your discrepancy may lie in those areas.

Our MarcomCentral Stores calculate accurately and to the penny with UPS "street" rates calculated on the UPS web site.

I hope this helps you.