Mountain Lion Support?

hark

So, we finally got 10.7 Lion support and now 10.8 is out. I just installed Mtn Lion on a second partition... because we have to play right?! :D

Planning to test FP and other apps before moving to it, but thought I'd ask the official position/status of FP 8.

We do not officially support Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion. We plan to do so in a future release.

That said, unofficially, you can probably get FusionPro 8.0 to install on Mountain Lion if you right-click on the installer, select Open, and then confirm that you want to open it despite it being "from an unknown developer." Or you can go to the Security panel of the System Preferences dialog and allow applications downloaded from "Anywhere" to be installed. However, I will reiterate that running under Mountain Lion is not supported at the moment, so do so at your own risk. But if you do try it, please let us know of any issues you discover.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dan,

Doesn't seem to work properly for me under Mountain Lion. ProdActivate seems to barf. (No offence, but I hate ProdActivate.)

I'm trying out FP Producer 8.1.2 on a fresh install of Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (running as a VMWare Fusion 5.0 VM). I installed CS 5.5 Acrobat X, updated to 10.1.4 and then ran the Fusion Pro 8.1.2 installer (right-click>Open method).

After doing this, launching Acrobat X immediately presents the ProdActivate application. Clicking Register, and quitting relaunching Acrobat does nothing. ProdActivate always comes up.

I can edit a template file, however when trying to compose output, ProdActivate comes up again, and composition fails.

Not sure if anything in the VMWare Fusion environment might be causing this behavior.

For kicks, I uninstalled FP, set the Security Preference Pane to allow any software, fixed permissions, and rebooted a few times for good measure before re-installing. I even redownloaded the DMG for FP 8.1.2 because it complains under Mountain Lion that the DMG may be corrupt. The installer likes to crash on the License Screen until you reboot. Sometimes it doesn't do anything but crash when you hit the continue button.

Hi Dan,

Doesn't seem to work properly for me under Mountain Lion. ProdActivate seems to barf. (No offence, but I hate ProdActivate.)

I'm trying out FP Producer 8.1.2 on a fresh install of Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (running as a VMWare Fusion 5.0 VM). I installed CS 5.5 Acrobat X, updated to 10.1.4 and then ran the Fusion Pro 8.1.2 installer (right-click>Open method).

After doing this, launching Acrobat X immediately presents the ProdActivate application. Clicking Register, and quitting relaunching Acrobat does nothing. ProdActivate always comes up.

I can edit a template file, however when trying to compose output, ProdActivate comes up again, and composition fails.

Not sure if anything in the VMWare Fusion environment might be causing this behavior.

We've seen this as well. Apple inexplicably changed the way that the Apple Event communication mechanism works in Mountain Lion, which causes the messages to ProdActivate to be handled incorrectly.

We have a fix for this, which will be included in the 8.2 release, along with a new installer, at which point we will officially support Mountain Lion. Until then, as I said, you're using the product at your own risk.

That said, if you simply leave ProdActivate open instead of clicking the Register button, it shouldn't keep popping up.

For kicks, I uninstalled FP, set the Security Preference Pane to allow any software, fixed permissions, and rebooted a few times for good measure before re-installing. I even redownloaded the DMG for FP 8.1.2 because it complains under Mountain Lion that the DMG may be corrupt. The installer likes to crash on the License Screen until you reboot. Sometimes it doesn't do anything but crash when you hit the continue button.

The older installer technology doesn't work correctly with Mountain Lion. We're building an entirely new installer for FusionPro 8.2, which should work correctly going forward, at least until the next time Apple changes everything on us.

We've seen this as well. Apple inexplicably changed the way that the Apple Event communication mechanism works in Mountain Lion, which causes the messages to ProdActivate to be handled incorrectly.

The older installer technology doesn't work correctly with Mountain Lion. We're building an entirely new installer for FusionPro 8.2, which should work correctly going forward, at least until the next time Apple changes everything on us.

Yes, between Adobe needing a revenue stream from pointless updates, and Apple's annual release cycles, this constant state of flux is going to kill everyone. It's enough to make one pine for XP.

• 2 weeks later...