QR Barcode Graphic Rule - not working

I just installed Fusion Pro 8 and I'm finding that the QR Barcode text rule works fine, but the graphic rule is not outputting any values. I've created variable fields side by side (one text and one graphic), assigned the same values to them (url), but only the text field shows up.

Has anyone else encountered this with the new version?

If you do a regular composition (not a Preview), and look at the log (.msg) file, are there any error messages?

Yes, there's an error for every record:

Composing record #1, input record 1

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: /var/folders/No/Noyhl9bmFLuPVBv0S0X1eqRDfQE/-Tmp-/FusionPro2pKzKl.

Check for file existence and that it is of the proper format.

Composing record #2, input record 2

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: /var/folders/No/Noyhl9bmFLuPVBv0S0X1eqRDfQE/-Tmp-/FusionPro6VaWZ7.

Composing record #3, input record 3

Graphic is not found or is not processed properly: /var/folders/No/Noyhl9bmFLuPVBv0S0X1eqRDfQE/-Tmp-/FusionProtUdEXK.

.... and it continues for every record in the job (10 records total).

Thanks for the additional information. We have confirmed that this is a bug in FusionPro 8 on Mac, and we are actively investigating it. My apologies for the inconvenience. I'll post back here when there's a patch release available with a fix for this issue. In the meantime, you can either use the text-based QR barcode rules, or use FusionPro 7.2 for graphic QR barcodes.

Thanks for the additional information. We have confirmed that this is a bug in FusionPro 8 on Mac, and we are actively investigating it. My apologies for the inconvenience. I'll post back here when there's a patch release available with a fix for this issue. In the meantime, you can either use the text-based QR barcode rules, or use FusionPro 7.2 for graphic QR barcodes.

Thanks for looking into this, Dan. I will let our prepress department know that a patch will be forthcoming.

Archived