fusion pro direct server

bezaman

i upgraded my computer to windows 7 64 bit and i purchased a new copy of fusion pro desktop but i can't seem to connect to my fusion pro direct server. i can see it on my network and all my other computers can connect to it but i just can't get it to work!

any suggestions?

Thanks.

i don't know what version of Fusion Pro Direct i am using. Where can i find this? I am using Fusion Pro Desktop 7.2Plk

You need to go to the computer which is running FP Direct - not the FP Desktop machine, but the one you're connecting to - and either right-click on the FusionPro.exe file and look at its Properties, or run it in the command prompt. The FusionPro.exe file is probably in the folder "C:\Program Files\Printable\FusionPro".

so now what should i do? i have the latest version of FusionPro Desktop (7.2P1k) but the version on the server is 7.0.3.0.

Do I need to upgrade my Fusion Pro Direct Server?

Yes. The version of FP Direct or Server needs to be the same or newer than the version of FP Desktop which created the template. Older versions of the composition engine don't know about newer composition features in newer templates.

so i just want to make sure that if i install the new version of fusion pro direct that all my other users who have the older versions of fusion pro desktop will be ok after updating. they will still be able to connect after the update, right?

ok but do i need to buy a new copy? does this cost more money? i mean i have a copy of the latest fusion pro desktop that i just purchased and installed on my new computer but i can't use fusion pro direct until i upgrade. do i need to purchase another copy or can i just run the new fusion pro desktop install on my server that has fusion pro direct?

ok. it is version 7.0.3.0

Since your copy of Direct is already running 7.x, the upgrade is free. Just use the current Direct serial with the latest software version's installer (same one you used for your Desktop install if it's the same platform).

ok. it says that there is another version already installed and that is should remove the existing version. if i do this, are you sure i will be ok? i guess that means i will have to setup all my users again in FPDirect. It doesn't seem like i can just upgrade. I have to uninstall and then reinstall.

ok. it says that there is another version already installed and that is should remove the existing version. if i do this, are you sure i will be ok? i guess that means i will have to setup all my users again in FPDirect. It doesn't seem like i can just upgrade. I have to uninstall and then reinstall.

Your FP Direct configuration will still be intact after uninstalling the older version and re-installing the new version. Everything will still work.

Archived