Determining if an imposition is used at composition

ThomasLewis

Is there a way to determine if the "Use Imposition Definition" box is checked in the OnNewOutputFile callback rule? Something along the lines of FusionPro.Composition.isImposed

What I am aiming to do here is have the name of the output file appended if the document used an fpi file. Or even better yet, have the actual name of the fpi file used appended to the name. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to determine if the "Use Imposition Definition" box is checked in the OnNewOutputFile callback rule? Something along the lines of FusionPro.Composition.isImposed

Yes, the value of this property will be either "Yes" or "No":

FusionPro.Composition.JobOptions.UseImpositionDefFile

What I am aiming to do here is have the name of the output file appended if the document used an fpi file. Or even better yet, have the actual name of the fpi file used appended to the name. Any suggestions?

The name of the FPI file is in this property:

FusionPro.Composition.JobOptions.ImpositionDefFileName

Although this may have a path specfier, in which case you probably want to use this:

GetFileName(FusionPro.Composition.JobOptions.ImpositionDefFileName)

You can do something like this to override the output file name in the OnJobStart callback rule:

FusionPro.Composition.outputFileName +=
   "-" + GetFileName(FusionPro.Composition.JobOptions.ImpositionDefFileName);

Of course, this will make your output file have a .fpi extension. I'll leave modifying the logic to fix that to you.

Archived